Senior Director, Paid Media 8/11/2016
Vox Media Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Vox Media is one of the fastest growing media companies today, combining the best content, technology, and distribution capabilities to connect with an audience of 170mm people each month who rely on us for a modern, intelligent take on the world around them. We're solving the problem of developing high-value digital journalism, storytelling, and brand advertising at scale. Simply put, we create smart media brands for smart audiences.
Vox Media is News (Vox.com), Technology & Culture (The Verge), Sports (SB Nation), Gaming (Polygon), Food and Nightlife (Eater), Fashion and Shopping (Racked), Architecture and Interior Design (Curbed), and Technology & Media (Re/code).
The SENIOR DIRECTOR, PAID MEDIA will lead the off-platform distribution strategy and execution for Vox Media on behalf of our marketing clients. This role will be a team lead as well as work closely with Vox Creative (our in-house branded content studio), Vox Advertising Sales team, and Vox Product to strategically plan and enhance the social distribution capabilities and positioning for Vox Advertising. Someone in this role will be strategy-focused, client-facing, and data-driven. Both daily and long term responsibilities will include:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Set strategy and vision for paid media distribution
* Lead a team to deploy strategy at scale
* Plan and execute paid media campaigns on behalf of Vox Advertising clients
* Deliver recommendations and results on paid media performance to our marketing clients
* Weekly communication with Vox Creative and Vox Advertising sales teams on progress and performance case studies
* Work with Revenue Operations team to appropriately package and price social distribution packages
* Work with Vox Advertising sales and brand partnerships teams on sales positioning and account strategy
* Performance reporting to Vox Media senior management
* Consistent communication with Vox Product and Data Science teams on product development and enhancements
* Develop consistent and scalable processes with Vox Corporate teams, Vox Advertising Sales teams, and Revenue Operations teams
* BA/BSpreferred with strong academic record
* 5-6 years of digital media experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong entrepreneurial mindset
* Experience communicating in client meetings and sales meetings
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of client services, advertising operations, and ad serving.
* In-depth understanding of social media landscape
* Ability to handle a heavy workload and mediate a large volume of demands and requests
* Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail.
* Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
About working at Vox Media: WE\'RE BUILDING GREAT THINGS, AND WE NEED YOUR TALENT.
You'll join a family of focused, hard-working, creative and intelligent people who take pride in their work. Our team members have backgrounds in painting, journalism, business, English literature, sports marketing, advertising, photography, grassroots politics, blogging, soccer, sketch comedy--on top of our web design, softwareengineering, sales, and writing experience.
We are passionate about the categories our brands cover: sports, news, technology & culture, gaming, dining & nightlife, shopping & fashion, and design & real estate. But we're all passionate about the web, building tools to foster online community, making each other laugh, and work that's challenging and fun.
OUR INVESTORS INCLUDE ACCEL PARTNERS, ALLEN & COMPANY, AND KHOSLA VENTURES.
VOX MEDIA IS COMMITTED TO BUILDING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE OF ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.