Senior Director, Product Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Director, Product Management
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS | SPOKANE, WA, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Senior Director, Product Management for Expense and Data Management will develop and execute product & business strategies that support Ecova s goals, meet customer needs and drive a high level of customer satisfaction. Key objectives will be managing the product lifecycle, product portfolio management, product marketing and financial planning.
Combining our cutting-edge technology, proprietary data warehouse and unmatched regional and national expertise, Ecova s Utility Expense & Data Management offerings help clients aggregate utility bill processing and analysis, utility site service management, and budget and accruals across their entire enterprise, so they can reduce costs, improve on-time payments, and manage risk.The Senior Director, Product Management will develop and execute product & business strategies that support Ecova s goals, meet customer needs and drive a high level of customer satisfaction. Key objectives will be managing the product lifecycle, product portfolio management, product marketing and financial planning.
* Product strategy definition & portfolio planning, road map generation & business strategy definition
* Tracks, evaluates and communicates expense and data management product portfolio performance against corporate objectives. Oversees and coordinates multiple product offerings.
* Defines business strategy to establish solution to lead global marketplace. Includes competitive strategy, key success factors, and identification of inorganic growth opportunities and partnership candidates, including defining the business model.
* Defines product strategy for expense and data management portfolio, including portfolio vision, solution definition, target market, and pricing. Supports development of product roadmaps.
* Utilizes business analysis to define business cases for product development investment priorities, driving the development of product roadmaps, ensuring timely execution and alignment with constituents
* Interfaces with ENGIE sister companies and partners to align Ecova strategy with broader ENGIE offering.
* Leads Ecova through participation in Senior Leadership activities, including interdepartmental communication, and Ecova business planning.
* Shapes Ecova investment strategy for product and service development, evaluating and balancing priorities within the overall product offering.
* Product lifecycle management
* Responsible for managing the end to end development of the product portfolio globally
* Manages the release planning planning process, including defining project and product vision, feature definition and prioritization, user experience, product requirements and ongoing product roadmap for product portfolio
* Undertakes or aids in the strategy definision and corporate development plans to expand our products and services globally
* Ensures ongoing market sensing activities, employs Voice of the Customer initiatives and competitive analysis to validate & refine strategy
* Works with engineering to manage the release of product from inception through launch
* Product marketing and sales enablement
* Responsible for working with product marketing to evaluate outreach programs via collateral, sales tools, training materials and other marketing tools, and collaborate on positioning messaging
* Develops product level messaging and feature/benefit statements
* Financial planning and management
* Provides financial planning and P&L definition for international expansion through the development of high level business plans and business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
* Owns & drives profitability of the portfolio P&L. Works with Leadership Team to prioritize investment across product offering.
* Managing People
* Provide strategic direction to team on a variety of product and business attributes
* Manages and grows 1-3 product owners, dedicated to product line development team.
* Manages and grows product director(s) and product manager(s), with direct or second level management for product managers.
* Bachelor s in Energy-related field or Computer Science required
* MBA or equivalent business degree required.
* Combination of education and relevant experience may be considered if assessed as equivalent.
* 10+ years of experience in product management for one or more commercial software products or IT services, ideally related to energy or sustainability.
* 5-7 years of experience within the utility or energy industry preferred.
* 5-7 years of experience in utility expense management preferred.
* 8+ years managing people
* Ability to interact with a host of strategic partners and assimilate feedback into product strategy and also feed client feedback back into partner product strategy
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage personnel and grow them in their careers
* Strong working knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
* Involvement in all aspects of product launches, e.g., development of messaging and positioning, internal and external communications planning, testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into viable products or business solutions, including experience guiding or personally conducting and analyzing market research for product planning.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to problem solving
* Demonstrated, strong multi-lingual verbal and written communication skills is a plus.
* Ability to effectively work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results.
* Ability to build strong relationships and work with extended team across geographies
* Excellent ability to interact with customers and to represent voice of customer
* Ability to manage people with empathy, clarity and vision
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.