Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Operations 9/15/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW:
Develop and Manage the corporations global Strategic Sourcing of Indirect goods and services organization to achieve supplier consolidation and cost savings throughout the organization. The role will work closely with senior business leaders to influence sourcing decisions. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance.
Specifically, the position is responsible for management of procurement leaders in the Americas, EMEA and APAC regions to establish a strategic sourcing strategy, identify and screen indirect procurement suppliers, negotiate terms and conditions favorable to HDS, drive improved supplier service levels, minimize risk while improving HDS business results, and support key stakeholders. This role will also be responsible for overseeing and driving success of various global projects in support of the organizations goals and objectives. Additionally, the role will manage the procurement operations team which supports initiatives to simplify, standardize and automate our procurement processes and executes on the strategic sourcing agreements once in place.
* Lead the Strategic Sourcing function responsible for the selection of indirect procurement related goods and services such as financial services, IT services, facilities, corporate services, professional services and engineering services. Coach and develop individuals in the execution of strategic sourcing initiatives through the consistent application of a strategic sourcing process.
* Provide leadership, direction and mentoring for a department of about 15 professionals located in Santa Clara (California), London, and Singapore and TBD cities/countries globally.
* Manage and develop resources to deliver business partner satisfaction and achievement of overall HDS business and financial objectives.
* Negotiate favorable contractual terms and conditions for HDS with suppliers.
* Build strong relationships with business partners, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
* Deliver on cost reduction commitments through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
* Develop and implement global efficiencies, standardized tools, practices and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP, new supplier, and decision making and evaluation time.
* Lead development and execution of a performance driven supplier governance and management process resulting in structured feedback, joint problem solving, simplification, reduced variation and overall quality improvements.
* Support KPI and metric reporting to key stakeholders and decision makers to drive insights into business trends and opportunities and measure results.
* Provide thought leadership, development and guidance on HDS procurement policies and practices.
* Identify new purchasing opportunities and savings strategies through spend concentration analysis.
* Produce and deliver content-rich category plans (incl. market analysis/external competitor analysis).
* Strategic thinker who will be called upon, and expected to demonstrate a willingness, to take the lead on company-wide initiatives to engage as a business partner who leads the beyond their called upon responsibilities.
* Track record of leading a strategic sourcing and procurement operation function focused on metrics to measure performance.
* Attract, retain, and develop top-caliber talent.
* Develop the skills and abilities of all team members, with the result that they perform to at their highest potential and optimize their current and future job performance.
* Develop and maintain sufficient depth in all critical functions, minimizing single point of failure risk.
* Develop the depth of the strategic and operational procurement management team, including ongoing management succession planning.
* Ability to influence senior leadership and gain alignment of initiatives from senior stakeholders.
* Superior communication skills; Ability to communicate complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
INTERACTS AND COLLABORATES WITH:
* All HDS departments in all regions/geographies
* Key Members of Management and other key internal users
* Accounts Payable, Card Program and Procurement Shared Service Center teams
* Travel team
* Supply Chain / Direct Procurement team
* Corporate Treasury and Controllership team
* IT and Business Process Excellence teams
* Hitachi related company procurement teams
* BA/BS in business, purchasing or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* Minimum of 15 years of leadership experience in global procurement, category management, setting procurement strategies, driving cost savings, consolidating suppliers, and improving supplier performance.
* Exceptional leadership and project management skills to lead global teams and to ensure on time execution of projects, such as sourcing projects, process improvement initiatives, and accounts payable/procurement automation projects.
* Solid understanding of international procurement law with correlating ability to author/negotiate: master supply agreements, professional services agreements, statements of work, change requests, amendments and so forth.
* Self starter with excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for cross-functional teams, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and drive change across all levels of the organization and geographical boundaries.
* Excellent leadership skills including clearly demonstrated global perspective and understanding of factors impacting HDS business and their suppliers. Manage 4 to 6 direct reports and a team of 15.
* Excellent supplier management skills including demonstrated ability to develop and manage business driven supplier executive relationships.
* Possess solid computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience with Oracle R12, contract management databases, e-invoicing tools and other procurement specific tools is preferred.
* Proven ability to be hands on while concurrently being strategic.
* Proven ability to promote process standardization and improved usage of tools and best practices.
* Proven ability to influence business stakeholders to adopt improved sourcing methods and process compliance.
* Strong attention to detail required as work prepared by this position is presented to executive management for use in decision making.
* The successful candidate should be able to navigate a fast-paced multi-national environment and seek to foster excellent working relationships.
* He/she must be well organized, a natural self-starter with a willingness to learn and embrace new methodologies, while employing excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* You will hold a passport, be permitted to work in the US with a full drivers license.
* This role will require international travel to key markets (2-4 trips per annum) plus periodic travel to key North American markets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.