Senior Director, Tax and Treasury (137-419)
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - Cambridge, MA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
ARIAD is a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based biotechnology company focused on cancer. We are a cohesive team of talented people from diverse backgrounds with a shared vision: We seek to transform the lives of patients with breakthrough cancer medicines. This is our purpose. This is our passion. This is our promise.
Reports to: Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced professional to lead its international tax & treasury programs. In this role, this person will be responsible for strategic planning as it relates to international tax & treasury matters, tax reporting & compliance, risk management relating to financial resources, management of external advisors, the design, implementation & maintenance of internal controls related to tax & treasury functions & related activities. This person will develop & maintain effective business relationships with executive management to develop long-range strategic solutions in support of ARIAD's business needs.
The Senior Director, Tax & Treasury will be responsible for the following duties & responsibilities, as well as other matters as assigned.
- Developing & implementing global tax strategies & plans to optimize the Company's cash taxes & effective tax rate within acceptable levels of risk. This requires close coordination with other finance functions, particularly finance & accounting.
- Analyzing & communicating the tax consequences of planned or executed transactions.
- Developing annual & long-range forecasts to support decision-making.
- Managing the Company's legal entity structure from a tax planning & compliance perspective.
- Analyzing & maintaining optimal capital structures for all foreign entities.
- Preparing & reviewing quarterly & annual tax provisions & SEC disclosures. Calculating the global tax reserves in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviewing & filing US Federal, state & city tax returns, as well as sales & use tax returns.
- Reviewing & managing foreign tax compliance.
- Reviewing & managing quarterly estimated tax payments & annual income tax extensions.
- Managing income tax examinations & audits.
- Managing external legal & tax advisors.
- Developing & implementing a global treasury strategy to optimally invest excess funds in accordance with the Company's investment policy.
- Developing & implementing a corporate cash forecasting system to project the timing of cash requirements over appropriate time horizons.
- Ensuring both short & long term corporate funding availability.
- Updating & monitoring the Company's investment policy guidelines & ensuring compliance with them.
- Managing the Company's investment advisors & commercial banking providers.
- Developing & implementing an appropriate risk management/hedging program.
- Developing, implementing & maintaining controls to minimize the risk of financial misstatement.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations & regulatory guidelines governing commercial & scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy & other business partners.
- Serve as a role model for compliant behavior that is consistent with the mission, vision & values of the organization.