Senior Director for Samuel Adams Brands
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently looking for a SENIOR DIRECTOR FOR SAMUEL ADAMS BRANDS in BOSTON, MA.
We have been rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
The Senior Director, Samuel Adams Brand, acts as the brand champion for Samuel Adams, the pioneer in the US craft beer category. This position is responsible for developing the growth strategy for the brand while nurturing and strengthening brand equity. The Senior Director will establish a holistic long term plan for Samuel Adams, translating this into effective annual plans, and work with our sales teams, wholesale and retail partners to ensure brilliant execution. The Senior Director will be responsible for all aspects of the Sam Adams marketing mix including advertising, digital, packaging, promotional programming and pricing strategy, and lead the ideation and commercialization of innovation on the brand. This position will also oversee the development of robust data capture and ROI measurement systems.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Set the long term strategic vision and growth strategy for the Samuel Adams brand.
* Build, lead and inspire a marketing team of eight, ensuring the right structure, capability and development plans are in place. Work seamlessly with connected marketing functions (digital, PR, Trade marketing, Procurement, Storytelling) to build a comprehensive and consistent brand plan.
* Codify and cascade throughout the organization the essence, positioning, personality and look and feel of Samuel Adams. Be the guardian of the brand.
* Build a comprehensive marketing plan for Samuel Adams that connects the brand to modern day culture (through strong insights) to drive growth.
* Create engaging and memorable communication plans (including TV and digital) to drive brand saliency for Samuel Adams with more and more category users. Manage the brands media and content budgets across multiple channels.
* Develop disruptive packaging and point of sale programing (including visibility, drinking rituals) that build equity and intercept consumers in both the on and off premise.
* Drive, with the sales teams, appropriate distribution and pricing strategies by channel.
* Create brand experiences that delight our consumers, drive product retrial, and create brand advocates.
* Lead the innovation agenda on Samuel Adams, ensuring that new packs and products drive incremental growth, increase consumer penetration and reinforce brand equity. Ensure that complexity is managed appropriately.
* Translate the marketing strategy into the annual plan in collaboration with sales.
* Oversee the timelines of the brand plans for wholesalers and the on- and off-premise classes of trade. Establish annual calendar of national programs that gains incremental retail execution and supports the brand positioning
* Establish and maintain strong cross-functional working relationship with all key supporting functional areas, including Brewing, Operations, Sales, Finance, Business Support, and Management Committee, Drive coordination of activities relating to pricing, cost control, operations, R&D etc.
* Manage the annual profitability and volume growth of the brand. Drive the long term development within respective categories, identify opportunities for margin improvement
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* BA/BS degree, MBA strongly preferred
* Minimum 12 - 15 years of brand management experience is required
* Experience leading teams both directly and indirectly
* Experience in managing agencies to deliver great work
* Prior trade and media exposure is preferred
* Beverage / alcohol industry experience is strongly preferred
* Prior work experience developing strong analytical skills
* Experience working closely with a national sales force is required.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance