Senior Director of Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Ledcor Group of Companies
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
You re an experienced real estate development leader or senior manager with over 12+ years of experience working on large scale, $100 million+ residential / multifamily developments. You are looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity where you would diversify your experience overseeing the full delivery cycle of a large-scale residential development.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, we have an opportunity for you in Hercules, CA (in San Francisco / North-East Bay), to manage the Hercules development project which includes all real estate within the approved master plan. This position involves leading all phases of real estate development including predevelopment, product design, securing private funding sources, construction management, planning, permitting, community outreach, coordination with leasing teams and property managers, and the ultimate sale of land and or completed developments within the project.
If you are interested in this 28-acre mixed use community in Hercules, CA comprised of 1,400 units of residential multi-family and for-sale product, and 100,000 square feet of retail/commercial product, apply now to be considered.
- Oversee all aspects of the mixed use development including: selecting the design team, the design process, permitting, marketing, budget preparation and management, business plan management, negotiation of easements, formation of community associations and coordination of transit with local authorities
- Execute the development and implementation of the approved development plan, schedule, and project budget(s) in collaboration with project and executive teams to meet milestones, quality, budget and completion targets
- Communicate, establish and strengthen relationships with city council, residents, businesses, organizations, partners, consultants and all other local and regional interested stakeholders throughout the development
- Undertake the necessary consultation with internal and external stakeholders, responsible authorities and third parties to ensure proposed developments are viable and sustainable
- Assist with preparing project recommendation reports in order to obtain endorsement from senior management, financial partners and lenders
- Progressively and proactively identify, manage, mitigate and report on project risks, critical issues and impact on the agreed upon project deliverable
- Provide regular and timely written reporting regarding project deliveries, inclusive of necessary meeting attendance, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with submissions relating to the securing of commercial debt; review and approve contractor and consultant progress payments
- Keep abreast and report on macro and sub-market conditions as well as supply/demand characteristics in specific product segments
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 12+ years of large-scale (i.e. $100 million+) residential real estate development project experience in a supervisory and/or leadership capacity. Combination of residential and commercial / mixed-use project experience will be considered
- Previous project management experience in the full development delivery cycle (feasibility through sale), inclusive of low, medium, and high density residential/mixed-use development is required
- Knowledge of the Bay area region s development, permitting, entitlement, state and local planning and land use procedures and complexities is highly desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction, design and constructability documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly, collaborate with and understand multiple stakeholders needs including local and regional government, private investors, lenders and community organizations
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior management
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating and coaching; skilled in facilitation, mentoring and conflict resolution
- Completed Bachelor s and/or Master s degree with concentration in construction management, business, urban planning, architecture, civil engineering or a related field
- Must have and maintain a valid driver s license and clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Ability to work evenings as necessary to attend various city meetings and conferences will be required
- Applicants that reside in the North Bay, San Francisco and Sacramento areas will be given preference due to the location of this project
- A valid passport and the ability to travel to various sites and office locations within USA and Canada is required
Ledcor Properties is actively involved with our partners in the acquisition, development, and management of properties across North America. We develop projects that promote community through the culmination of design, sustainability and built environment. We create environments for people to live in, to work in, and provide a legacy for future generations to do the same.
---Ledcor is an EEO/AAP employer; all decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Date Posted 9/14/2016 4:54:38 PM