Senior Director of Tax Operations - 8160
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
This is a senior executive position within the newly created and expanding internal tax department located in Santa Clara, CA. The qualified candidate will have deep knowledge and significant experience in all aspects of creating and managing a team and related processes to administer tax planning, compliance and controversy. The qualified candidate will have proven experience managing and developing teams in a multinational corporation.
* Manage internal team for quarterly and annual worldwide income tax provision preparation for US GAAP, and non-GAAP reporting, including disclosures, filings, and requirements for non-GAAP reporting.
* Ensure and manage full compliance of internal SOX control procedures and requirements.
* Manage all aspects of US taxation, including federal & state income tax compliance.
* Oversee US sales/use tax compliance and audits.
* Partner with Director of International Tax by managing US federal outbound international tax matters including PE, ECI and Subpart F.
* Partner with other disciplines (Legal, Treasury, Finance, HR) to provide US tax (income, sales/use) technical support to various business transactions/activities, including new products, M&A, and divestitures.
* Collaborate and participate in global tax planning/restructuring from US tax perspective.
* Prepare for and Manage US Federal and State tax controversy.
* Recommend and implement tax process optimization, including development of best practices for a global tax function.
* Supervise and train internal resources. Including motivating, mentoring, goal setting, technical and organizational training
* Manage external tax resources and services to be both effective and cost efficient.
* Build processes to transition to, integrate with and work effectively with Malaysian based Tax Service Support Center.
* Develop and manage in house process to sustain R&D credits with best practice processes.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
* Advanced degree in Taxation, or equivalent experience required.
* Certified Public Accountant or similar, preferred.
* 20+ years combined experience in public accounting and in industry corporate tax departments.
* Proven leadership skills with 15+ years of direct-report-employee supervisory experience.
* Expert knowledge of US GAAP, with specific emphasis on all pronouncements related to income tax reporting.
* Expert knowledge of US federal, state and local tax law and applicable regulations.
* In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience managing US federal/state controversies through appeals, including sales/use tax.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with all experience levels within a fast-paced, high growth organization.
* Proven effective written communicator with demonstrable experience in various business communication formats such as, presentation slides, executive summaries and in depth memorandum.
* High-tech industry experience (hardware, software and SaaS) required.
* Evident mature skills in organization, process design and documentation, time management, professionalism, leadership and delegation. Six Sigma experience a plus.
* Demonstrated advanced analytical skills yet high emotional intelligence.
* Must be a proven and effective flexible agent of change.
* Able to drive balanced technical and practical solutions and draw on prior experience.
* Goals and KPI oriented to prioritize, drive personal accomplishment and team performance.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.