This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
PACE COMMUNICATIONS INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPace is North America's leading independent content agency, specializing in multichannel branded content solutions that fuel loyalty, CRM, marketing, digital and social programs for many of the world's largest brands. We have a staff of more than 330 professionals located in five offices across the U.S. - Greensboro, North Carolina; New York; Dallas; San Antonio; and Rogers, Arkansas. We help our clients navigate through the complex marketing landscape to develop programs that deliver targeted outcomes.
If your idea of a good time at work involves brainstorming story ideas to inspire and delight an audience of 1 million people and then diving in to find creative ways to bring those stories to life please keep reading. We re looking for a passionate magazine editor with a history of successful storytelling to join a team responsible for a client s business, employee engagement, and lifestyle content program. The senior editor will edit, write, and oversee the creation of content with a broad, national reach. Platforms include a monthly print magazine, a website (mobile and desktop), and various social channels. Content topics include lifestyle, consumer products, retail, volunteerism, career growth and more.
Education: Bachelor s degree in digital media/journalism or related field.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of editorial experience, with a strong print magazine background. Lifestyle-focused print experience a plus.
* Passion and enthusiasm for creative storytelling centered around a retail environment, and proven success in bringing content ideas to life in print, as well as digital.
* Outstanding editorial chops; solid understanding of visual storytelling and variety of editorial devices used to engage readers in print and digital formats.
* Ability to edit/direct narrative-based stories, business features, and content focused on food, style, and home.
* Ability to craft stories based upon channel (digital, print, video) and audience (mobile, desktop, live event, etc.)
* Ability to deliver on, and be comfortable with, tight deadlines
* Expertise in InDesign, and experience working in a CMS environment
* Experience with content strategy, web optimization and creating content based upon analytic performance
* Understanding of basic design principles and best practices (web and print)
* Team player with strong communication skills
* Flexible, adaptable, calm, cool, and collected
* Excitement and passion for content marketing
* Client service orientation
* Staff editor for program with daily reach of more than 1 million individuals
* Develop and produce feature stories, lifestyle content, and business stories that immediately draw in readers and create engagement with the brand
* Content planning in print, digital, and video
* Manage and prioritize content creation workload; identify and collaborate with best freelance contributors for each assignment
* Write or edit feature, service, news, video, and social content
* Work in collaboration with editorial, art, and account peers to ensure highest quality creative that delivers on client objectives
* Stay abreast of trends in retail business and content marketing; leverage insights to help advance program
* Travel as required to perform above duties
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer