Senior Electrical Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Santa Cruz, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Background
Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success.
Since 1961 Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) people have been bringing sound innovation to the world. We are a world leader in personal audio communications for professionals and consumers. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics.
Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, Plantronics and its Clarity division have offices in 20 countries, including facilities in Mexico, China, and Europe. Plantronics offers a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as career development opportunities to its associates. Discover Plantronics.
What We Need: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Leveraging its long history in audio systems solutions, Plantronics is creating an innovative Ethernet-based audio system to address the problem of distractions in the workplace due to noise. We are working at a fast pace to build this product and are looking for electrical engineering rock stars to join us on this exciting adventure.
What You'll Do:
* Work with some of the brightest minds in the areas of electrical engineering, audio systems, digital signal processing, firmware engineering and acoustic engineering to architect, design and implement and Ethernet connected audio device.
* Work across internal engineering teams, product, and program management.
* Design, layout and test printed circuit boards featuring ARM processors, digital signal processing, advanced audio codecs and high-output audio amplifiers
What You'll Bring to the Table (Education and Technical Requirements):
* Bachelors Degree - Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study
* At least 5 years of relevant industry work experience. 3 years, if you have a graduate degree.
* Demonstrable work experience in the following areas
* 3+ years experience designing Ethernet connected hardware devices
* 3+ years relevant experience deploying networked systems
* Demonstrated design and printed circuit board layout experience, including experience with High Density Interconnect, multi-layer printed circuit boards
* Experience using Mentor Graphics DX Designer a plus
* Candidate must possess fundamental mastery of Ethernet, Power over Ethernet, and related standards
* Experience interfacing to Ethernet-connected audio equipment a plus
* Familiarity with compliance requirements, including EMI and relevant standards-based requirements
* Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
* An attitude of no problem is too big to be solved and no problem is too small to be ignored.
* You are entrepreneurial, and want to get things done.
* You have high aptitude, and always seek new challenges.
* Excited by exploring new opportunities and working through the phases of investigation, definition, implementation, and production
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability .
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.