Senior Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBrook Street has partnered with a full service engineering firm in Chicago. Our client prides themselves on attention to detail and service clients in the following markets: education, government, commercial, mixed-use, multi-family, aviation, hospitality, industrial, retail, health, and more. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for the design of building electrical systems.
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform a variety of design & managerial tasks including supervising the work of CAD drafters, junior engineers, and designers
* Apply advanced knowledge of power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, fire alarm, low voltage & related systems toward the preparation of construction drawings & specifications for buildings
* Review & understand documents produced by the client, architect & other consultants & apply this knowledge to the coordination of electrical building systems engineering & design
* Application of advanced knowledge of federal, state & local building codes & NEC standards
* Review & edit project specification in MasterSpec & Word formats
* Attend project meetings to obtain design input information & ensure that all facets of the project are being properly coordinated
* Survey existing buildings & identify electrical systems & components
* Review project electrical submittals of equipment & materials for compliance with the contract documents
* Respond to contractor questions during construction
* Observe & report upon electrical construction work in progress
* Prepare opinions of probable electrical construction cost
* Project, track & manage project budgets, fees & manpower
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS:
* Illinois PE license is required
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering program
* Basic software skills, including Revit BIM & Microsoft Office
* 8-15years of progressive experience in the electrical building systems industry
* Motivated self-starter & fast leaner
* Experience in design & oversight of multiple projects
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Familiarity with electrical design software programs
* Specialty certifications in the design of electrical systems such as LEED, RED, etc.
* Active membership in IEEE, IESNA or other industry organizations
We are excited to talk to well-qualified candidates, so please apply today.