Senior Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for architecture, design, development and implementation of custom electrical systems for precision automation application.
* Strong PLC experience (Siemens and Allen Bradley).
Working as an Electrical Engineer demonstrated experience designing and integrating automation tools for individual modules as well as multiple modules on a factory floor.
* Experience designing 480VAC, 3ph power input distribution systems. Experience using SolidWorks Electrical 2015 schematic capture for large-scale electrical designs for automated processing tools.
* Experience sizing, selecting and integrating motors, controllers, stages, robots, power supplies, circuit breakers, filters and sensors etc. (cameras, lasers etc. for measurement). Needed on a daily basis.
* Experience laying out Electrical panels in(2D, SolidWorks 3D).
* Having knowledge and being able to implement UL, NFPA safety standards for safety.
* Experience drawing pneumatic schematics.
* Should be sSelf-driven with excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
* Participates, coordinates and monitors electrical design for projects by working closely with mechanical and software groups.
* Create Bill of Material/specification for purchases of materials.
* Communicate and work with project manager & client during all phases of project.
* Support assembly and debugging activities when system is assembled. Provide support during power up and integration phase in the factor or at customer site.
* Works closely with fellowElectrical Engineers to achieve reusable designs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Industrial automation electrical schematic/layout/assembly design experience. Be able to effectively use Solid works Electrical 2D schematic captures and 3D layout
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills/Excellent organizational skills * Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment, to handle work/delivery pressure on a day to day basis and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to be creative and to find better ways of doing things.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift 10 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates, walk to and from manufacturing area (located in same facility) on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BSEE or MSEE (preferred).
* 5-8 years of direct and hands on electricalengineeringexperience in automation/manufacturing industry.
* Be able to make schematics and drawings to implement controls using Solidworks Electrical
* Experience implementing electrical controls for motion controllers (PLC based ) , servo/stepper motors robotics, stages, power supplies , safety circuits, making panel based electrical controls, pneumatic circuits, vision systems, sensors would be needed on a daily basis for this position hence experience hands on experience is required in these areas.
* Familiarity with safety requirements and risk assessments.
* Experience working in a product lifecycle management software environment, implementing ECO/ECR a plus