Senior Electrical Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
Job Location: Woodridge, IL
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Must take ownership of the electrical design for the project with very little supervision. This includes doing the complete electrical design, creating schematics, conducting layouts, DFM with the PCBA supplier, and BOM generation.
* Perform worst case circuit analysis on paper and do circuit simulations via Spice.
* Perform de-ratings for the entire electrical design
* Design and document robust hardware architecture and structure suitable for use in high reliability embedded applications.
* Lead electrical hardware component selection/optimization for microcontrollers and battery/charger management devices
* Provide necessary sustaining support to existing products, and work in a cross-functional team environment to assure electrical system level integration and design for manufacturability.
* Be able to conduct Electrical DFMEAs to ensure products conform to customer specifications and requirements
* Construct prototypes; evaluate and document their performance; identify possible improvements
* Explore new and existing circuit designs and methods to solve design challenges
* Maintain an awareness of customer requirements and any complaints to identify any areas that may need development or improvement.
* Be able to work with various design sites globally.
* Prepare technical reports.
* Establish a culture of learning, openness and accountability.
* Performs any additional related duties as assigned
* MINIMUM OF BACHELOR IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MORE THAN 5YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING IN THE CONSUMER, TELECOM, AUTOMOTIVE, AND/OR MILITARY INDUSTRIES. MASTERS PREFERRED.
* POWER SUPPLY DESIGN EXPERIENCE HIGHLY PREFERRED.
* MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ELECTRICAL LAYOUTS AS WELL AS SCHEMATIC CAPTURE.
* MUST HAVE A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF DIGITAL AND ANALOG CIRCUITRY. STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF DC POWER ELECTRONICS IS REQUIRED.
* EXPERIENCE WITH ELECTRICAL CAD MODELING SYSTEMS (IE. ALTIUM, ORCAD) REQUIRED; ALTIUM PREFERRED.
* STRONG QUANTITATIVE, DESIGN, ANALYTICAL, AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS REQUIRED.
* STRONG VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS REQUIRED.
* STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCTS REQUIRED.
* AS WE ARE AN ITAR FACILITY, WE HIRE ONLY U. S. PERSONS WHO ARE DEFINED AS U. S. CITIZENS OR GREEN CARD HOLDERS.