Senior Electrical Product Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Who we are:
America s infrastructure is failing at an alarming rate. 1 in 9 bridges are structurally deficient, 15,000+ miles of water pipes need replacing, 3100 miles of rail tracks need renewal and our fossil fuel driven power grid is constantly overstressed from natural disasters such as Hurricane Katrina or man-made overloads such as rapid residential growth.
Riding the momentum of record growth to an 11B company, Stanley Black & Decker has formed the Infrastructure Innovation Team to seek out life changing solutions to these costly and damaging problems facing our infrastructure. This small team will have full autonomy to brainstorm, ideate, prototype and develop far reaching solutions beyond just power tools.
We are excited to be looking for independent doers to join our team.
What will you be doing*
* Dive into new, unfamiliar fields and quickly absorb the fundamentals to drive brainstorming and further insights
* Participate in research / need finding to arrive at concrete and robust problem statements
* Ideas! Ideas! Ideas! Propose ideas small & big that might solve a problem
* Build functioning prototypes of said ideas and go out and test them with actual users
* Listen to the user and refine prototypes for repeated field testing
* Leverage extensive company resources to ideate quickly and as frequently as needed until the right solution emerges
* Consider business inputs such as return on investment, cost and manufacturing to ensure ideas survive in the real world
* Bring electrical design expertise to the table to enable design, prototyping and development of new ideas
Who are we looking for* Someone who:
* Thrives in a small dynamic environments, both as project leader and as subject matter expert support for others
* Diverse experience designing all things electrical, DC or AC. This can be consumer goods, industrial electronics, power electronics, tools, batteries, motors, software etc.
* Can demonstrate independently imagining a product, designing it and building it
* Can see the big picture to devise a system, but still get into the details and lay out a PCB.
* Is familiar with modern software and hardware tools to design working electrical concepts
* Is hands on and can take advantage of a full fabrication shop to hand build prototypes
* Is comfortable shouldering a senior role on the team, including interactions with global peers and leadership.
* Has ideally 8 years of experience
* Has at least a Bachelor s Degree in a related technical field. Interdisciplinary degrees welcome.
* Experience in infrastructure industry (electricity, water, rail, road, heavy tools etc) a plus.
* In addition to a resume, please include photographs, web links, short descriptions of physical electronic devices or items you have built, both inside the office and out. Show us your creativity and hands on ability. Include this content at the end of your resume.
Relocation Packages Available
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.