Senior Electrical Project Manager/Estimator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design/Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P ( Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform over $550 million of construction projects per year with over 1,800 employees throughout 49 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced engineering staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their engineering knowledge and gain valuable work experience.
Shambaugh & Son is proud to be the Design-Builder of 5 U.S. Food Plant of the Year award winning facilities since 1990! No one else in the U.S. has been recognized more than twice. We have reached this seemingly impossible achievement by not only building buildings so our clients can build their business, but by striving for excellence in everything we do! We bring value added with not only our unique Design-Build, self-perform approach, but leverage our industry s #1 Food Plant experienced team to design streamlined, significantly more efficient plants and improved processes.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Senior Project Electrical Project Manager /Estimator - on job site and office
To pre-plan and manage construction projects utilizing all company resources, resulting in satisfied customers, increased productivity and increased profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain up-to-date change order, subcontractor, RFI and contingency logs.
* Work with Labor Superintendent to ensure labor plan is being carried out.
* Create MEP Schedules and Manloading charts on all projects.
* Consistently submit accurate, timely and complete estimates and change order quotations.
* Communicate with purchasing and subcontractors to secure schedule, scope and price.
* Promote and enforce a safe working environment.
* Satisfy customers needs to develop repeat business.
* Perform Design Build or Bid Spec Projects.
* Estimate various electrical projects whether bid spec, public, private, or design build.
* Assist in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Consultation.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 8+ years minimum experience with commercial, institutional and industrial projects required.
* Experience managing $500 to $6 million projects.
* Limited Travel less than 10% within 2 hours of Indianapolis
* Knowledge of mechanical, and electrical.
* Experience in monitoring labor performance for purpose of identification of labor productivity and tracking progress.
* Knowledge in generating construction schedule and updating of same ( MS Project).
* Knowledge in reading plans and specifications for purpose of ordering material and estimating of change orders.
* Ability to order, track and expedite for timely delivery of MEP and specialty items required for the project.
* Knowledge and experience in managing multi-disciplined projects, a plus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled