Senior Quality Engineer -- Electronics 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Marotta Controls, Inc. is one of the fastest growing technology businesses in New Jersey, specializing in the design, manufacture and integration of precision control components and systems. Its offerings range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls and power conditioning systems. With over 200 patents and 70 years' experience, Marotta Controls supports the most demanding applications - whether manned or unmanned, military or commercial - for aircraft, missiles, marine (surface and sub-sea), land systems, satellites, launch vehicles and spacecraft.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier -Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier - Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year - US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence NASA.
POSITION PROFILE: Independent management and leadership of program quality initiatives in support of the System Assembly and Test manufacturing cell. Leads proposal, development, planning & product realization activities (including costing) to ensure contract quality requirements are satisfied. Monitors Supply Chain in coordination with Supplier Quality Engineer. Ensures process control both internally and externally. Develops and ensures timely execution of Product/ Process Approval Plans, SDRL submittals. Leads root cause, corrective action, and continuous improvement initiatives with ability to present to customer and senior management. Ensures corrective actions both internal and external are closed out in a timely manner and audited on a regular basis to ensure corrective actions are effective. Uses PFMEA, SPC, trend analysis, and other quality tools to ensure robust variation management and continuous improvement.
* B.S. in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or related field of study (Electromechanical)
* 10+ years of related experience as a Quality or Product Engineer in Aerospace/Space electronics manufacturing environment
* Experience in a design environment -- electronics/electromechanical.
* Fully experienced in reading/understanding schematics and circuit board assemblies.
* Prior experience within a mature Quality management system AS9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS16949
* Software / Peer reviews
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* SPC, PFMEA, RCCA experience preferred
* Special processes experience soldering, crimping, staking, non-destructive and destructive analysis
* Experience in flow down of QA requirements
* Significant internal and supplier audit experience
* Fluent in requirements of ANSI J STD 001 and IPC-A-610
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Program proposal, Kick-off and Gate review support
* Contract compliance review
* Primary customer interface
* Drawing compliance review
* SDRL submittals / schedule
* Root cause corrective action champion
* First article inspection report (Assembly) review and approval
* End item data pqckage development
* SPC / trend analysis reporting
ADDITIONAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Product, process, approval plan development
* Management of continuous improvement initiatives
* Monitoring audit schedule for internal and supply chain reviews
* Manage all Quality aspects of Customer Scorecards for relevant programs, ensure accuracy of scorecards disputing incorrect information with customer as required.
* Estimated travel of 10% to 20%.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments.
If you are ready to make a decisive career move to an industry leader that is experiencing tremendous growth and advance with us to a higher level, we want to hear from you. Your confidentiality will be maintained.
Please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply on line via our Career portal or apply here now.This position is at our Montville, NJ corporate offices location.
MANY OF OUR CONTRACTS REQUIRE PROOF THAT YOU ARE A U.S. CITIZEN AND/OR THAT AN EXPORT LICENSE HAS BEEN OBTAINED FOR EMPLOYEES WHO ARE CITIZENS OF CERTAIN COUNTRIES. YOUR EMPLOYMENT, BOTH INITIALLY AND CONTINUALLY THEREAFTER, IS CONDITIONED ON PRODUCTION OF SUCH PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP AND/OR ANY EXPORT LICENSE THAT MAY BE REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR EXECUTIVE ORDERS, OR REQUIRED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.