Senior Electronics Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Senior Electronics Software Engineer. The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures.
* Direct software programming and development of documentation.
* Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
* Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
* Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements, or resolve customer problems.
* Design, develop or evaluate software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
* Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
* Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
* Advise or perform maintenance of software system.
* Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: A Master's Diploma/Degree in Electronic or Software Engineering plus ten (10) years of relevant experience; or MS Electronic or Software Engineering or PE in relevant field plus six (6) years of relevant experience; or HS Diploma plus eighteen (18) years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Five (5) years of progressive experience in the design of marine machinery control systems serving as control system network and software reviewer and/or preparation of hardware and software designs and specifications for shipboard control (machinery/navigation) systems.
* Experience developing cyber security policy or requirements for industrial control systems.
* Minimum of at least five (5) years demonstrated experience with shipbuilding acquisitions.
* Minimum of at least one (1) year demonstrated experience supporting a major system acquisition program (DHS/USCG Level I, DoD ACAT I or equivalent).
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.