Senior Embedded Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Senior Embedded Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
Hilti - Build your career with Hilti. With annual sales of four billion dollars, Hilti is the brand leader and partner worldwide for construction and building maintenance professionals. Over 22,000 people work for Hilti in sales, marketing, engineering, research, development and manufacturing. We lead the market in terms of quality, added value and innovation.
Intelligent Construction Tools (ICT) is a joint venture of Hilti & Trimble. Partnering since 2010, the Hilti and Trimble organizations share similar values focusing on a deep understanding of the customer needs and harnessing innovation to develop value-added solutions that increase customer productivity. In addition, Trimble and Hilti have complementary channels and geographic footprints in the building construction space. By combining Hilti's expertise in a wide range of leading application systems for construction professionals with Trimble's broad portfolio of positioning technologies, the joint venture will deliver a new class of productivity solutions to the building construction industry.
* Develops firmware for new measuring / positioning tools for the construction industry in an internationally distributed team
* Creates and contributes to specifications, project plans and firmware design
* Implements, documents, tests, debugs, deploys and maintains firmware according to product requirements
* Assures appropriate documentation for assigned projects
* Maintains frequent communications within and outside of team in firmware related questions
Skills & Experiences Required
* Master s degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years in a senior role or Bachelor s degree with 5+ years in a senior role
* Wide experience in embedded system design, development (in C/C++) and debugging
* Knowledge of advanced embedded microcontroller hardware and operating systems, especially embedded Linux
* Must possess basic knowledge of electronic hardware design
* Experience in state-of-the-art development methods and tools
* Experience with FPGA progamming and interfacing is a plus
* Interact with interdisciplinary and international team based in a variety of locations (e.g. USA, Europe, India)
* Travel: 10%
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D