Senior End User Platform Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Senior End User Platform Engineer that will be responsible for design and implementation of the End User Platform including the supporting infrastructure.
* Design and implement the end-to-end desktop lifecycle management - includes Windows 7/10, Office 2010-2016, Office 365 (Productivity Suite), Altiris/SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Dell Data Protection Encryption, and BeyondTrust PowerBroker for Windows, including Group Policy integration.
* Design and implement software packaging standards and best practices
* Design and implement virtual desktop solutions - including Horizon View, AppVolumes/ThinApp, UEM, VDI best practices, etc.
* Administer and support (Level 3) the above platforms
* Design and implementation of new services
* Develop and implement upgrade project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans when infrastructure upgrade/maintenance activities are required
* Develop and support BCM/DR plans for the above platforms
* Define and document platform architecture, build details, best practices, and support procedures
* Support Managed Services (Level 2 operational functions)
* Mentor / cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
* Carry out special tasks at management's direction
* Windows 7 OSD - 5+ years
* Windows 10 OSD experience desirable
* MSI Packaging - 5+ years
* Active Directory/Group Policy implementation - 5+ years
* Office 2010-2016 - 5+ years
* Office 365 (Productivity suite) - 1+ years
* Altiris/SCCM - 5+ years
* Symantec Endpoint Protection - 5+ years
* Dell Data Protection Encryption - 5+ years
* BeyondTrust PowerBroker for Windows - 5+ years
* VMware Horizon View - 2+ years
* VMware AppVolumes/ThinApp - 1+ years
* VMware UEM/Profile Management Solutions - 3+ years
* Windows scripting - PowerShell / VBScript - 5+ years
* Disaster recovery strategies
* Strong understanding of virtualization concepts and technologies
* Strong documentation & communication skills
* Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
* A broad range of technical skills with a strong desire to constantly expand skillset
* Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete goals independently
* Must be a team-player
* Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience
* Strong experience in operations and application administration