Senior Energy Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Energy Program Manager
OPERATIONS: FACILITY SOLUTIONS | PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
Please note that the Senior Energy Program Manager is internally known as Senior Energy Manager.
Responsible for guiding clients through the development and implementation of energy and water management solutions in support of achieving their energy and sustainability goals. Acting as a trusted advisor, the Senior Energy Manager will leverage technical expertise and market segment knowledge within the hospitality market vertical to deliver insights that drive sustainable business decisions for multi-site commercial and industrial clients domestically and internationally
* Advise and support client staff (corporate energy managers, facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying and scoping efficiency improvements and cost control strategies and persuade their implementation to enable our clients to successfully meet their energy and sustainability goals
* Create new deliverables to support the identification and implementation of efficiency improvements and inform sustainable business decisions that can be leveraged across multiple client engagements
* Ensure on-time delivery of high quality, error free products
* Build relationships with key client contacts from site-level personnel up to senior leadership (e.g. VP Operations/Facilities)
* Increase the breadth and depth of client engagements by positioning yourself and Ecova as a trusted advisor
* Lead client presentations, meetings and discussions, interfacing with internal Ecova stakeholders to communicate program activities and the quantification and qualification of the value delivered
* Combine technical (e.g. equipment, systems, buildings) and hospitality market segment expertise to support the resolution of complex energy and water management issues and advise on the development of new products
* Leverage metering, monitoring, benchmarking, analytical tools, and software to analyze and provide insight into key areas of focus for improving energy and water performance
* Lead identification, evaluation and prioritization of capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy and water consumption and demand
* Conduct ASHRAE LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 on-site audits and ENERGY STAR Certifications site visits
* Collaborate with Ecova subject matter experts across resource areas and departments to deliver cohesive solutions
* Provide coaching/mentoring to Ecova energy professionals and other consultants
* Analyze existing delivery approach to aid in the conceptualization of new techniques or processes
* Support Sales and development of new business pursuits
* Expand expertise in specific domains to drive emerging business opportunities (possible domains: metering, demand response, continuous monitoring, control strategies)
* Participate in industry events and training programs, including conferences, webinars, and other opportunities
* Monitor hospitality industry trends and evaluate cutting edge technologies and services for potential client application
* Bachelor s degree in business, engineering or associated field required
* B.A. preferred
* Certified Energy Manager (CEM) required (if not possessed, a willingness and ability to obtain C.E.M. certification within a reasonable time frame)
* Relevant industry certifications preferred (e.g. PE, CWEP, CEA, BESA , EBCP, LEED)
* 5+ years of experience of working within, or directly advising, the hospitality industry on energy and water management solutions
* Demonstrated experience in any of the following areas:
* Demand Management: demand response, capital projects, operational changes, audit, plant optimization, building systems and equipment, controls strategies, building energy modeling
* Water Conservation: conservation, smart metering, reclamation, audit, risk management, irrigation
* Metering and Monitoring: interval metering, continuous monitoring, energy management systems
* Renewable Energy: PPA development, solar planning/installation/management, battery and storage, distributed energy resources, wind Operational knowledge in any of the following market segments: Hospitality, Restaurants, Grocery, Retail, Industrial
* Proven track record of solving complex business issues and delivering client satisfaction
* Experience leading cross functional teams or managing complex projects and programs
* Demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to overcome challenges and achieve excellent results in alignment with company s mission, vision and values.
* Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
* Possess proven problem-solving skills and the ability to work in diverse and matrix structured organizations
* Ability to develop deep relationships with clients and engage on a tactical level to achieve defined objectives
* Skilled in using MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
* Experience in Project Management
* Developed analytical and data management skills
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.