Senior Engineer I-C (2012901)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Warner Robins, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
Senior engineering services include provide technical support to outside customers, such as System Program Offices, system engineering and user activities.
This position will be at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA.
He/she will be involved with product sustainment, product development, lab support, and engineering services in support of the Operational Flight Program (OFP), Test Program Set (TPS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Mission Support (MS) business lines within the Software Maintenance Group. Candidate will assist in evaluating current systems, planning of large scale system projects, purchasing, installing and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical support to outside customers, such as System Program Offices, System engineering and user activities.
* Provide acquisition support, independent verification and validation, independent test of externally acquired products.
* Provide consulting, research, analysis, reverse-engineering studies and other support tasks.
* Conduct standard system administration duties including server install, system/application install and patch management, windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis.
* Configure, test and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN.
* Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization etc.
* Develop technical specifications and design documents.
* Conduct performance tuning/troubleshooting
* Provide infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, operation system, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore.
* Provide emergency recovery support either on-site or virtually (with Government provided laptop).
* Conduct on-site, in-house Product Knowledge Transfer Sessions as requested by the client.
* Work with stakeholders and manage project teams (internally) and/or externally.
* Provide maintenance and analysis to Government s Life Cycle sustainment efforts. Maintains job knowledge by studying state of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering from an ABET accredited school minimum or equivalent experience computer science or equivalent experience.
* 7-10+ years experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sensors and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data Links and Networks, Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment, Simulations, or Systems Integration.
* Security+ Certification.
* Experience with evaluating, planning and engineering of an organizations large scale systems infrastructure.
* Experience with implementation and design of hardware and software, installing and supporting network communication systems, including wired and wireless LAN/WAN networking, PC and server virtualization software.
* CCNA certification is a plus.
* Experience with performance tuning, backup and restore.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
* Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
* Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
* High level of drive and ability to learn.
* Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
* ***Candidate MUST HAVE a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Warner Robins, , United States