Senior Engineer Mechanical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Engineer Mechanical
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.
Initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing and supporting processes.
Operations, Engineering, Research, Maintenance
* Identify and resolve process and equipment problems.
* Effective Leader and implementer of projects. Initiate creative and practical designs which meet expectations.
* Implement engineering and scientific analysis principles. Apply engineering standards and procedures.
* Document work to ensure information is retrievable.
Incumbent typically reports to an Engineering Manager or Operations Team Leader. Receives direction in the form of specific objectives. Recognized for understanding application of technology and demonstrates ability to interface with team members. Works closely with the operating teams and maintenance.
* Requires a bachelors or advanced engineering or relevant scientific discipline degree or equivalent experience, continuing self-development and experience in a variety of assignments.
* Demonstrated personal sensitivity and competency in design and/or use of engineering/scientific analysis systems/tools.
* Has experience with using CAD systems.
* Project management experience: Directing work and Managing contractors
* Minimum: 8 years applicable experience.
* Papermaking technology Experience High-speed Paper Converting Experience
Vary widely with assignment and typically include:
*Project responsibility of $.2 MM to $10 MM
*Single or Multiple projects
* Design and Development: Initiate, design, develop and optimize manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve unit objectives.
* Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an implementer of engineering principles and /or scientific analysis in meeting unit objectives.
* Safety: Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Design equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
* Security and Documentation: Maintain security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
* Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
* Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
* Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
* Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of his/her expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
* Quality: Improve process capability to deliver a reduction in defects and variability. Identify, develop, and implement products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives.
* Diversity: Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-TN-Loudon
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time