This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
Brief Team And Position Summary:
DNV GL - Energy s Sustainable Use group is seeking a Senior-Level Energy Efficiency Engineering Consultant to join our team to provide our commercial and industrial customers with technical support to make their facilities more energy efficient. The proposed position will help validate that utility customers seeking energy efficiency incentives have implemented these measures, which may include: lead peer custom file reviews, custom file processor, on-site industrial assessor, helping develop energy savings measure workpapers, liaison to the Michigan Public Service Commission, calculating maintenance savings, oversee and advise self-direct program.This position can be based remotely; however, the candidate will be expected to attend biweekly engineering meetings located in Okemos, MI.
Tasks May Include
* Lead peer reviews for custom files
* Custom file processor
* On-site assessor for industrial customers
* Help develop technical workpapers calculating measure specific energy savings to be submitted to the Michigan Public Service Commission for approval
* Liaison to the Michigan Public Service Commission
* Overseeing and advise C&I self-direct program
* Review and verify technical merits of the business customers energy efficiency applications, including calculation of energy savings and verification of equipment specifications
* Interact with customers to address questions or concerns about installed equipment or programmatic information
* Review and verify energy savings calculations and guide other staff in the best practices for various energy savings technologies with a particular emphasis on custom applications but also including maintenance, HVAC, fans, pumps, air compression, and industrial process
* Identify opportunities for electrical energy or natural gas savings
* Complete technical and financial analyses
* Perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency projects and programs involving: custom, industrial process equipment, pumps, fans, compressed air systems, complex central plant systems, and advanced HVAC equipment
What We\'re Asking
* Bachelor s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited university
* An educational emphasis on energy and/or energy experience is strongly preferred
* Minimum of 15 years of energy management experience
* Registered Professional Engineer (PE) license is desirable
* Certified Energy Manager (CEM) credential is desirable
* Proficiency with database and analysis tools such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access is desired
* Technical writing skills
* Excellent written and oral English communication skills for customer communication desired
* Individual should display a positive, team-oriented attitude to match our friendly work environment
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time (primarily local, in-state, same day return travel)
* This position will require onsite inspections and walking of the customer s locations. Some light climbing
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background check screenings
* Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V