Senior Engineer - Packaging
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Senior Engineer - Packaging
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position entails providing technical and program leadership for structural packaging solutions for the Baby and Child Care (BCC) business to deliver financial results with winning value propositions, products, and packaging.
This position reports to the BCC Packaging Team Sr. Manager and receives direction in the form of general project objectives.
Research & Engineering, Product Supply, Marketing, Customer Development, Sales Strategy, Finance, Legal, Market Research, External Consultants and Research Organizations, Vendors (directly and through Procurement).
Represents Packaging Team in key strategic cross-brand or cross-business development efforts and is recognized as the packaging subject matter expert and consultant and/or leader on cross functional and multi-level teams for a wide range of packaging projects. Serves as an interface between strategic and tactical packaging initiatives
Partners with Front End Innovation team to complete external packaging technology scouting and benchmarking for the category to recommend innovation pipeline options & solutions.
Understands the consumer, customer and competitive environment to ensure consistency and alignment with brand equity to drive category growth. Partners with Customer, Brand, Design, Shopper Marketing, Material Value Stream Leads, and Front End Innovation teams to align packaging development needs across materials, structure and packaging equipment. Develops and shares 5+ year structural packaging vision supporting brand strategies, architecture and vision to deliver a consumer benefit, enhance profit margin, and/or reduce the environmental impact of our packaging.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of internal K-C & external packaging and co-packing supplier operations, prototyping and production capabilities, as well as supply chain processes to identify and capitalize on cost reduction/transformation and production efficiency opportunities
Develops and shares best practices related to packaging and packaging systems/practices across the packaging community and KC sectors. Is accountable for sharing/teaching technical knowledge with others by providing training, coaching, and feedback.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Works with cross functional teams and leadership to deliver business objectives.
* Utilizes internal Packaging/R&E resources to deliver short- and long-term business results.
* Ensures the appropriate and effective protection for proprietary information.
* Supports the execution and utilization of business practices/processes within the R&E organization including IMF, LEAN and Portfolio Management.
* Ensures all work complies with corporate safety, regulatory, product safety and sustainability requirements, including appropriate use of patents, invention disclosures and trade secrets.
* Manages self in accordance with the One K-C Behaviors.
* Ensures that all elements of the corporate Human Resources Development and Diversity and Code of Conduct policies are fully supported.
* Communicates professionally and appropriately with all customers, conducting all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity and honesty so as to build an unimpeachable business reputation.
Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or Related degree
* 8-12+ years of Packaging Engineering experience
* Demonstrated leadership, accomplishments and working knowledge in Packaging Engineering preferably within the Consumer Products industry
* Advanced knowledge of packaging structure and materials development, packaging processes and systems, as well as packaging related operations/supply chain processes
* Advanced knowledge of end to end packaging development process, including printing processes and packaging industry, with ability to train/coach others
* Strong planning/organizing skills with an ability to simultaneously lead/manage/execute multiple, complex projects
* Ability to develop a packaging strategy and vision, for a business category, and execute tactically with excellence
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships and lead multi-functional, multi-level project teams
* Ability to influence decisions across multiple functions/levels
* Ability to conceptualize ideas and transform specific brand/customer/consumer goals into packaging structures and specifications, including knowledge & experience with testing procedures
* Advanced problem solver to develop solutions and actionable plans for multiple functions and/or vendors/agencies
* Ability to communicate professionally in both oral and written form to inspire others to action; excellent presentation skills
* Advanced analytical skills to collect and interpret data and information to improve material/package/product/process performance
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment with a high degree of change and uncertainty
* Self-directed, change agent, energizer and mobilizer - can quickly assess a situation, needed resources and drive execution
* Explore and scout new, innovative and creative packaging solutions - keeping current within industry, equipment/manufacturing capability and technology, including sustainability initiatives; Prioritize and implement application to KC to build future capability and provide solutions
* Preferred working knowledge of KCC packaging materials, specifications, procedures and equipment
* Leadership skills will reflect One K-C Behaviors and competencies in alignment with the role
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Primarily work will be done in a typical office environment. Will entail occasional business travel to KC manufacturing facilities, packaging suppliers, testing/prototyping agencies or labs, or technical conferences/tradeshows. Travel may include business travel via aircraft and motor vehicles to various locations.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country