Lead Performance Engineer 9/2/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Lead Performance Engineer
ARE YOU EXCITED ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY TO INFLUENCE THE SOFTWARE INDUSTRY BY BEING INVOLVED WITH VISIONARY TECHNOLOGIES AND BUSINESS IDEAS LIKE APEX, PAAS (PLATFORM AS A SERVICE), AND THE APP EXCHANGE* HOW ABOUT WORKING ON A SYSTEM THAT PERFORMS OVER THREE BILLION TRANSACTIONS PER DAY* IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY TEAM AT SALESFORCE, THE MARKET LEADER IN CLOUD COMPUTING. TOP TECHNOLOGISTS ACROSS THE WORLD JOIN US FOR OUR "CHANGE THE WORLD" MENTALITY; THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXCEL IN A FAST-PACED, PERFORMANCE-BASED ENVIRONMENT AND THE CHANCE TO BE SURROUNDED BY PEERS AND LEADERS THAT INSPIRE, MOTIVATE, AND INNOVATE.
SALESFORCE PLATFORM IS ACCESSED FROM AN INCREASING NUMBER OF MOBILE DEVICES WITH EXTREMELY DIFFERENT PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS. FURTHERMORE, NETWORK QUALITY VARIES DRAMATICALLY ACCORDING TO DEVICES, GEOGRAPHICAL FACTORS AND ACCESS TYPE (3G, 4G). DESPITE A GENERAL TREND TOWARDS FASTER DEVICES OVER TIME, HARDWARE IMPROVEMENTS ALONE CANNOT BE RELIED UPON TO INCREASE THE SPEED OF OUR APPLICATION USER EXPERIENCE. DEVELOPING A PERFORMANT USER EXPERIENCE THAT SCALES TO ALL DEVICES IS BOTH A DIFFICULT CHALLENGE. SALESFORCE MOBILE TEAM IS LOOKING FOR PERFORMANCE-MINDED ENGINEERS TO HELP INCREASE THE SPEED OF OUR MOBILE EXPERIENCES, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY REDUCING CONSUMPTION OF KEY RESOURCES. WE ARE LOOKING FOR ENGINEERS WHO ARE COMFORTABLE DIGGING INTO COMPLEX SYSTEM, IDENTIFYING OPTIMIZATIONS, AND WORKING WITH FEATURE TEAMS TO DEVELOP SOLUTIONS. THESE SOLUTIONS OFTEN SPAN MULTIPLE LAYERS OF APPLICATION AND REQUIRE CREATIVE, UNCONVENTIONAL THINKING. YOU WILL INFLUENCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF PERFORMANCE TOOLS FOR INVESTIGATION, REGRESSION TRACKING, AND DATA REPORTING. AS PART OF A WORLD-CLASS ENGINEERING TEAM, YOU WILL APPLY PERFORMANCE BEST-PRACTICES FROM ACROSS THE INDUSTRY TO POPULAR MOBILE PLATFORMS.
* DESIGN, IMPLEMENT AND MAINTAIN PERFORMANCE FRAMEWORK.
* EXPERIENCE IN TESTING HIGH-PERFORMANCE, HIGHLY-AVAILABLE AND SCALABLE DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS
* EXPERIENCE WITH JAVA OR OTHER OOP LANGUAGE.
* EXPERIENCE IN BUILDING RESTFUL SERVICES, AND APPLICATIONS USING RESTFUL APIS
* STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING AND AT LEAST 4 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE.
* THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF SYNCHRONOUS VS. ASYNCHRONOUS CALLS
* THOROUGH KNOWLEDGE OF DESIGN PATTERNS.
* THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF CONCURRENCY AND THREADING MODEL, AND HOW TO DEBUG AND OPTIMIZE THREADS AND LOCKING TO SQUEEZE PERFORMANCE OUT OF EVERY MOBILE DEVICE
* EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS VIA EMAIL, INSTANT MESSAGING, CONFERENCE CALLS, AND IN-PERSON
* BACHELOR\'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR OTHER RELEVANT TECHNICAL FIELD, OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
* DEVELOPING FEATURES, MAINTAINING AND FIXING DEFECTS ON OUR CURRENT PLATFORM
* UNDERSTANDING OF PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS, ESPECIALLY AROUND UI SCROLLING PERFORMANCE AND NETWORK USE
* ABILITY TO ANALYZE PERFORMANCE DATA, BUILD DASHBOARDS TO PLOT AND ANALYZE LARGE SWATH OF DATA
* EXPERIENCE WITH AGILE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGY (E.G., SCRUM)
* MASTER\'S DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR RELATED TECHNICAL FIELD
* AUTOMATION EXPERIENCE USING JMETER, APPDYNAMICS, A PLUS
* KNOWLEDGE OF PROFESSIONAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING PRACTICES & BEST PRACTICES FOR THE FULL SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE, INCLUDING CODING STANDARDS, CODE REVIEWS, SOURCE CONTROL MANAGEMENT, BUILD PROCESSES, TESTING, AND OPERATIONS
* DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING SERVER-SIDE APPLICATIONS, MIDDLEWARE AND FRAMEWORKS
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.