Senior Engineer/Project Engineer (EMC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) is a design and test requirement for all power tools sold in global markets. Common EMC work includes RF emissions tests and electrical immunity tests for our products. EMC is reviewed and tested during design of our products to better comply with international standards. It is important to analyze and test new products early in the development cycle. This helps minimize schedule delays, problems and unexpected costs. EMC testing is presently done in-house because external test services and consultants are expensive. The EMC laboratories in Towson are VDE certified to perform EMC compliance tests on corded and cordless power tools.
* The EMC engineer will have a good working knowledge of test methods to measure EMC performance against the emission limits.
* The EMC engineer will have specialized knowledge for design of cost effective EMC solutions in our products
* The EMC engineer will schedule EMC tests and organize EMC work from multiple projects.
* The EMC engineer will maintain the EMC laboratory site and equipment. Regular calibrations are conducted as needed to maintain the certificate. Equipment is repaired or upgraded when needed.
* Accurate records are required for quality audits and certification audits. This includes test reports, equipment calibration, audit results, corrective actions, management reviews, etc.
* The EMC engineer maintains test method documents and issues product test reports for the EMC lab. Test methods are updated when required.
* The Towson EMC engineer works with manufacturing to ensure accurate EMC conformance tests in our power tool factories.
* New corded and cordless products have increasing electronic control complexity and EMC challenges. The EMC engineer will work directly with product design teams to solve EMC problems early in the design process.
* New connected products operate by radio communication. The EMC engineer will have a basic working knowledge of radio and antenna design. The EMC engineer will assist the design teams to ensure radio function and EMC compliance for connected products.
Potential candidates should have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor or Masters of Science in Electronics Engineering with emphasis on EMC (EMI & ESD) or Signal Integrity
* ABET recognized institution
* 3 to 6 years relevant work experience
* KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Critical thinking that distinguishes correct from questionable results
* Solid troubleshooting skills for electronics and laboratory work
* Skilled using EMC/RF test equipment: test receivers, antennas, test chambers, network analyzer, coupling networks, signal generator, etc.
* General knowledge of IEC / FCC / CISPR EMC standards
* Work independently to complete EMC activities: schedule test work and design tasks coming from multiple sources, meet project deadlines
* Keep accurate records for laboratory, methods and test reports
* Generate official EMC test reports for new and updated products, recommend and test design improvements
* Good understanding of power electronics, microcontrollers and motor controls.
* Read and understand engineering documents in detail, participate in design reviews.
* General computer skills: e-mail communication, write documents, setup test report formats, troubleshoot EMC test system issues
* Positive customer service attitude, focus on the business objectives
* PREFERRENTIAL SKILLS
* General budgeting and cost estimation
* General knowledge of UL / IEC product safety standards
* Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes
* Low-power RF design
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.