Senior Engineer/Senior Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 2/15/2018
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONExponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Buildings and Structures Practice is searching for a Senior Engineer in our Menlo Park, CA office. The individual in this position will be responsible for performing tasks and executing projects related to structural engineering; building technology, analysis of complex structures; inspection of damaged structures and associated engineering failure analysis; and preparation of technical reports and presentations of findings. Specific responsibilities will include conducting field investigations and diagnostic surveys, analytical and computer problem solving, independently managing small projects, developing and maintaining client relations, and continued professional development towards establishing professional expertise. An ideal candidate should be a licensed Professional Engineer with an outstanding professional reputation and publications, preferably with a developing client base in similar market areas. Come join us and work in a multi-disciplinary setting with hundreds of bright, like-minded engineers and scientists from around the world.
Qualifications for this position include:
* M.S. or Ph.D. in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field
* A minimum of 3 years experience in civil/structural engineering related occupation
* Professional Engineering License or Structural Engineering License in California
* Excellent and creative problem solving ability
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Effective leadership skills with ability to positively interact with professionals, technical and administrative staff
* Ability to work independently as well as lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Strong desire to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and exciting consulting environment
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer. Back Email Apply Now