Senior Engineer 8/23/2016
Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The SENIOR ENGINEER at Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc. is tasked with facilitating the development of power supply products. The Senior Engineer uses technical knowledge and experience to act as the liaison between the engineering team and CyberPower's customers. This position is responsible for providing counsel and support to the entire product development process through sale of the product. The Senior Engineer reports to the Director of Product Development.
Founded in 1997, Cyber Power Systems (USA), Inc., is a dynamic, driven and growing global power protection and power distribution company. Leading with engineering innovation, CyberPower designs and manufactures high quality products in wholly-owned state-of-the-art facilities. CyberPower sells to IT, telecommunication, consumer electronics and government/education customers through Distribution, Retail, Etail and VARs channels. Focused on a mission to deliver the highest quality products and customer value in the power protection industry, CyberPower is committed to providing complete satisfaction to their customers. Located in Shakopee, MN, CyberPower is interested in individuals who are enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated to being part of a team that continuously sets the standard for innovation in the power protection market.
* Provide high-level technical expertise to support pre-sales activities and act as technical contact post sale as needed.
* Act as engineering liaison between Taipei engineering team and USA customers.
* Makes technical and sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
* Manage and oversee power related testing and documentation; including EMI, Surge, ESD, FCC, UL, etc.
* Develop "Power Configurators" for managing power scenarios on various products.
* Conduct and facilitate the design and development of new products, including defining product specifications, to ensure functionality and conformance to requirements.
* Ability to provide pragmatic solutions for applications; offer technical insight.
* Perform failure analyses and provide comprehensive failure analysis reports.
* Participate in thermal eventinvestigations and proceedings as the company representative.
* Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering.
* 10+ years engineering and systems testing experience; understanding of the Telecom industry highly desired.
* Extensive technical knowledge of power supply products including power back-up systems, system level power design, battery technologies, data center applications, low voltage UPS systems, and other power related specifications and requirements.
* Proficient understanding of batteries and their applied usage and chemistry.
* Understanding of UL, CSA, EN, NEBS, etc. requirements and the National Electric Code.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
* Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
* A high level of business acumen bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges.
* Some travelrequired.
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and benefits (Medical, PTO, 401(k), Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.).