Senior Engineer Structures (Job #1316)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Structures Engineer is responsible for design, documentation, and installation tasks on Transport Category Aircraft for Interior Completion STC projects and smaller modifications for Executive Aircraft undergoing Maintenance Operations under our Part 145 delegation. The incumbent will be responsible for the development of organizational standards, methods and processes.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates complex design of aircraft primary and secondary structures to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA requirements, budget, and project schedules using Computer Aided Drafting/Design tools.
2. Designs repairs for aircraft structure that are beyond the scope of repair documentation
3. Reviews service bulletins and airworthiness directives for applicability to fleet, and generates engineering documentation for the accomplishment of structural inspections and modifications.
4. Develops and administers budget and project schedules.
5. Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
6. May perform as functional 'lead' for group on specific projects.
7. Generates Requests For Quotes, RFQs, for elements of engineering that may be outsourced.
8. Manages technical subcontracts to ensure technical scope is achieved within schedule.
9. Reviews and approves designs generated by structures engineers.
10. Interacts with internal and external customers.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent.
2. Five (5) or more years of experience working on structural modifications and provisions, preferably for large VIP transport category aircraft.
3. Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD preferred).
2. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
3. Expert knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
4. Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
5. Budget and project development experience required.
6. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
7. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
8. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
9. Good presentation skills