Senior Engineer, Utilities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONBoehringer Ingelheim is actively recruiting for a Senior Engineer, Utilities position in Fremont, California. The Senior Engineer will function as a system owner and is technically responsible for the clean (critical) and dirty (non-critical) utility equipment readiness including related automation. Core focus of the role is on Plant WFI and Clean Steam Generation, Waste Systems, Cooling Towers, Chillers, Process and Plant Chilled Water, Clean Compressed Gases (CCA, N2, O2, CO2) and equipment adaptation as customer products enter the facility for the first time. The Senior Engineer will manage, lead and motivate interdisciplinary project teams by means of technical competence, interpersonal sensitivity and conflict management skills. Additionally they will manage simple facility and equipment related projects and act as Engineering technical lead on complex facility and equipment related projects.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical Responsibility of the Plant:
* Responsible for the economic, reliability and flexibility of the plant clean utility and infrastructure systems.
* Serves as the Engineering Lead by utilizing expert technical knowledge about the critical and non-critical utility processes, related automation and equipment-specific technology with installation of new assets, continuing improvement and troubleshooting of existing assets.
* Perform site inspections of contracted work to assure conformance to design intent.
* Supports troubleshooting of equipment alongside facilities.
* Supports regulatory and client audits and inspections.
Optimization and Compliance:
* Responsible for technical optimization of the field of care.
* Ensures that the utility equipment, machinery, documentation and technical support meet the compliance, quality and EHS standards. Analyzes operation of existing systems and recommends modifications to equipment and related operation policies when appropriate.
* Supports efforts with manufacturing/production, process science, facilities, quality and other departments in developing requirements and recommendations for system and equipment modifications.
* Contributes to, supports, and leads BPE/MPE activities to ensure a continuous optimization process.
GEN (Global Engineering Network) and Standardization:
* Supports implementation and improvement of best practice of technical standards, procedures.
* Actively participates as a member of Global Engineering Biopharmaceuticals and of Infrastructure, Safety, Environment & Engineering (ISEE)
* Participates in peer to peer reviews.
CapEx Planning and Investments:
* May serve as the Engineering Lead for assigned investment projects less than $1MM. The position will coordinate execution efforts with Manufacturing Operations, Facilities, Process Science and Quality personnel.
* Manages contractors for the execution of activities associated with their designated projects.