Senior Engineer - Wayne, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Engineer III
Job Location: Wayne, NJ
The Engineer III provides technical expertise and support to the Surgical Workplaces Sales Team by creating customer-specific CAD drawings and quotes for new sales opportunities, performing technical clearance on new orders, and collaborating with manufacturers and various internal customers on technical projects as needed. Other cross departmental or divisional engineering projects may be assigned as necessary.
* Create and modify 2D drawing packages to reflect current status of customer projects.
* Support the Surgical Workplaces sales team by creating and modifying customer quotes as requested.
* Handle other special projects as the need arises. These include inter departmental or interdivisional technical projects.
* Interact routinely on conference calls or over email with Sales and Project Managers to resolve technical issues regarding customer orders.
* Create the OR3D technical files for Booms (Modutec) customer orders.
* Compare OR3D technical files to the customer quote and Purchase Order to determine any discrepancies, and then work with Sales and Logistics Planning to update sales orders and place orders with factories per technical clearance.
* Serve as product line liaison to respective manufacturing location when there are technical questions regarding customer orders.
* Work with the appropriate product manager and factory on the occasional "one-off" product engineering design solutions for customers.
* Conduct occasional visits to customer sites.
* Attend periodic technical conferences & seminars to remain current on U.S. NEC/UL code and FDA related developments.
* Handle other tasks as assigned.
* Ensure that safe practices and adherence to company policies are exhibited in decisions.
* Build Quality into all aspects of work.
* Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
* Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
* Able to adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
* Able to practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures (as applicable to your job function).
* If your job description requires customer facing activities, you must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your job function).
* Able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator, including the Compliance Hotline.
* Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or Pharmaceutical business.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Environmental Policy to ensure that significant environmental aspects that relate to actual or potential impacts with their work are executed to minimized the effects on the environment.
* Responsible for bringing to the attention of management any potential improvements that could reduce our environmental impact or to report activities that could result in a negative impact to the environment.
* Responsible for understanding and conforming with the Health and Safety Policy to ensure that the significant risks that relate to actual or potential hazards with their work are identified.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, or Electrical Engineering.
* Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* A minimum of 10 years of CAD/drafting experience.
* Advanced mechanical and electrical engineering aptitude including knowledge of schematic and other technical drawings.
* Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and SAP preferred.
* Knowledge of FDA and Quality regulations and NFPA/NEC/UL codes preferred.
* Ability to quickly pick up other computer programs such as OR3D and Siebel/CPQ.
* Excellent project management and communication skills.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
* Intermediate skills in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
GETINGE Company the position is with:
MAQUET Medical Systems USA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Getinge is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability