Senior Engineering Manager - Electronics and Electrical System HMI Integration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEM HMI INTEGRATION LEADER opening to join our GLOBAL PRODUCT organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Ensures product architecture roadmap delivers to platform with the fewest architectures to support the results needed in the region.
* Ensures Electronics and Electrical Systems (EES) development activities are completed on time at cost and quality targets to support the product plans and product execution.
* Deliver 5-7yearrequirements roadmap for architecture in line with platform roadmaps.
* Responsible for delivering the Product/Architecture thru cross-functional team work.
* Ensure full EES system validation through model simulation at Technical Design Selection gate and validation of full system at Final Architecture / Product. Integration gate.
* Builds and owns integration plans at architecture/product level.
* Consistently foster Systems Modeling, Knowledge generation/reuse
* Use the TTF-TTL approach, OpEx embedment.
* Engages with various cross functions to gather inputs for developing new Architecture. Executing Current Architectures into platforms predictably.
* Engage/Manages Team of Managers and / or Engineers to deliver the HMI package into the platform.
* Ensure full Team accountability to deliver commitments.
* Drives and deploy the Strategic vision of HMI Integration Group
* Define KPIs and proper management across the team members, creating a full link to our cross functional EES priorities and also to outside EES delivering Global demands.
* Develop People competencies.
* Create a Winning culture inside HMI Group as result delivering the best designs for the HMI space.
* Create a Win-Win environment with our internal and external partners.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
* MBA is preferred
* 7+ years of Engineering and Technical experience
* Proven Development and Execution Experience
* Lean Product Development Proven System Integration capability
* Project Management OpEx knowledge
* Strong People management and Leadership skills
* Strategic Thinking, ability to create a strategy and a vision for the function
* Able to work in Global team inside function and cross functionally positively influencing the organization
* Proven experience in People Leadership and Product / Electronics Project management
* Fully business understanding and connections to a technical environment
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.