Senior Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Engineering ManagerJob ID:
Senior Engineering Manager REQ ID:
Melbourne, FL Job Description:
Responsibilities include the functional and technical management of multiple projects supporting the Technology and Engineering Council (TEC) in Melbourne FL. In addition, this role will require working with Segment Program / Business / Functional leadership to ensure the engineering function meets customer needs and business demands. This position reports directly to the Corporate Vice President of Engineering Operations. Key Accountabilities:* Manage projects on schedule and budget meeting project objectives
* Support engineering SGP and AOP planning including quarterly reviews
* Coordinate corporate level engineering awards and E-Week activities
* Support functional leadership requirements of staffing, training, talent development and management
* Perform risk assessments and audits on programs / projects within the corporation as needed
* Establish relationships with universities to support academic programs that align with our technology core competencies Qualifications:* Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field; advanced degree preferred (MBA a plus)
* Minimum of 3 years experience as an Engineering Manager Preferred Additional Skills:* Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
* Self-starter; problem solver; customer focus
* High expectations for sustained excellence for self and team members
* Proactively seek feedback and initiative to continually improve
* Ability to effectively lead, engage and partner with peers and leaders across the company
* Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively with peers and executive management
* Well respected in business segment by peers, subordinates, business leaders
* Ability to work through ambiguity and manage change effectively
* Ability to work with diverse team (with sometimes conflicting needs) to drive to a common solution that meets the needs of the business segment Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Melbourne .