Senior Enterprise Architect
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
enior Enterprise Architect
Education & Experience
Masters degree & minimum of 15 years of related experience.
Senior Enterprise Architect responsible for identifying and evaluating emerging software technologies, ensuring that new technologies are aligned with the organizations business and the CBP target enterprise architecture, providing recommendations and policies for integrating new technologies into the enterprise, and championing the technologies adoption once approved. The Enterprise Architect will collaborate across multiple BEMSD branches to align application strategies with business strategies and create roadmaps, architectural documents, process documents, and governance documents that define the strategy. As needed, the EA will review projects to adjust and align them with architectural governance policies. The EA will also research, analyze, and document various tools, technology, framework, and other architectural related topics, as needed.
* Leads advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within government agency and across internal organizations.
* Provides technical oversight for technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
* Architects complete solutions using appropriate government agency offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
* Refines and optimizes architectural models and reviews the architectural artifacts produced by junior architects. Responsible for creating architectural prototypes as required.
* Adheres to and promotes appropriate design processes, architectural artifact requirements, and architectural best practices.
* Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards, and design techniques.
* Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
* Provides project oversight and acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on government agency processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements, and implementation timelines.
* Interfaces to all levels of the client's organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices, and technical requirements.
* Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, as well as to define enterprise level design standards, best practices, and processes.
* May assign and review tasks, mentor junior architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
* Minimum of 15 years relevant IT implementation experience
* Broad understanding of technology solutions and is able to present solution and portfolio-level strategy to clients at all levels
* Broad understanding of technology areas such as Application Development (multi-tier, Web, and / or Mobile), Server Operating Systems, Database / Information Management, Application / Data Security, Application Platforms, Application Integration, Enterprise Content Management, Mobility Solutions, Agile Development, and Social Computing.
* Significant exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
* Experience with enterprise level application integration technologies (SOA, SOAP, REST, ICAM, SSO, ESB, XML, etc...), SharePoint, Exchange, LDAP, Certificate authority.
* Experience with content management and repository systems
* Experience with online, cloud and mobile platform and technology, biometric
* Experience with deploying enterprise COTS and Saas solution
* Experience in application retirements and migrations
* Experience in data mining, business intelligence
* Strong communications skills with the ability to interface with all levels of internal and client project teams.
* Highly knowledgeable on applicable industry and government standards and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, ISO standards, FEAF, etc.
* In-depth experience in Component-Based development in Open Source, Java, and/or Microsoft-based technologies. Understands key architectural frameworks, architectural design approaches and development methodologies
* Implementation and experience in related project roles such as system analyst, developer, implementer, integrator, test analyst, team leader and/or software architect
* Knowledgeable on project management concepts including project scheduling, risk management, estimation, Work Breakdown Structures, requirements management / traceability, Change Management, etc.
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - M, F, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.