Senior Enterprise Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Under general direction of Director of an Engineering discipline, Engineering Manager, or Principal Architect, the Senior Architect will play a critical role in ensuring the enterprise applications are designed, developed and implemented across the enterprise meeting the best practices and architectural patterns. Incumbents in this position will be involved in every phase of the project lifecycle from intake through delivery, and will be considered one of the leadership team members who have primary responsibility that a solution is well engineered, operable, maintainable, delivered on schedule, aligns to enterprise vision and provides the anticipated business value. The Senior Architect is responsible for defining, documenting and leading the technical development of these applications. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
This role can be located in San Diego, CA or Austin, TX
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BE A VISIONARY. Researches the latest in industry trends along with the needs of the organization while also being a strong advocate for flexible and robust technology.
* BE A PIONEER. Pushes the envelope. Experiments and provides proof of concept with emerging technologies, while developing enterprise-wide architectures, standards, design guides, processes, and other reference guides in a leadership role.
* Provides architectural direction, 3rd party vendor evaluations, analysis of external party integration, detailed estimation, schedule development, assesses resourcing needs during proposal & bids, part of existing programs or R&D efforts.
* Leads creation of and is accountable for system design documentation, including enterprise architectures, feature designs and interface specifications.
* Oversees detailed technical designs created by development teams.
* Analyzes customer requirements (functional and non-functional); participates in requirements capture meetings and workshops with customers as necessary.
* Knowledgeable about SaaS software, software licensing and able to explain both the design and business model of a SaaS system.
* Expert knowledge in Java Enterprise software design, including SaaS, REST/JSON, Java design patterns. Willing to mentor other developers in applying best practices for a Java SaaS system.
* Employ agile methodologies to ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects.
* Expert knowledge in Software Design Patterns required.
* Participates in formal meetings with subcontractors, customers and third party suppliers for technical clarifications.
* Keeps up-to-date on the latest developments in systems engineering, computers, communications systems and software techniques relevant to the company s operation.
* Participates in the training and mentoring of less-experienced members of the department as necessary. Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.).
* In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time, as may be reasonably required of them.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Four-year college degree (BS or BA) in computer science, engineering or related field plus 12 years of related experience or advanced degree with 10 years of related experience. Minimum of 7 years experience must be in an Architect or Lead role, leading requirements analysis, design, development and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, performance, availability and cost/revenue optimization.
* Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with business units, product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles.
* Demonstrates technical expertise in Java Enterprise development, REST, JSon, and general Java Design and Architecture.
* Ability to drive technical designs to consensus and approval. Designs solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
* Demonstrates expertise in broad and deep research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research and compare various solutions.
* Experience with architecting high volume web systems or large transaction client-server systems.
* Working knowledge of TOGAF, Zachman, Agile Architecture, FEA or other enterprise architecture methodologies; certification a plus.
* Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners).
* Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong presentation skills, ability to be called upon as subject matter expert for detailed technical reviews and customer presentations.
* Ability to quickly learn and understanding of the goals and requirements of the businesses supported by technology solutions.
* Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
* Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security architecture domains is a plus. Broad experience across business analysis, product design, engineering, QA, operations and sustainment in a large corporation / enterprise environment is required.
* Must be available for domestic and international travel.