Enterprise Database Administrator (SQL Server)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Technology at General Mills accelerates process transformation and business growth around the globe. To achieve business success, the Information Systems team uses leading edge technology, innovative thinking and agile processes. General Mills Information Systems has been recognized as one of the Top Ten Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld Magazine for twelve years running. Come and create a dynamic, challenging and successful career at General Mills.
The Enterprise Database Administration (SQL Server) Team has an opening for an IT professional who is motivated to dig deep into databases, in-memory computing, clustering, operating systems and networking technologies to deliver superior architecture and support.
If you are an agile learner, have strong problem solving skills and are able to function as part of a highly technical, cross functional team, we would like to hear from you. Our DBAs design, build and support state of the art infrastructure, with a focus on innovation and automation. Our solutions support a diverse set of applications, both internally developed as well as third party.
In this role, you will:
* Design, build and run world class Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure.
* Participate in the evaluation and deployment of Open Source technologies like Hadoop, NoSQL and MySQL to deliver new business capabilities.
* Deliver automation solutions using SMA, Powershell and Python.
* Generate and implement your own ideas on how to improve the operational and strategic health of the enterprise computing environment.
* Work collaboratively as a consultant with development teams to design and develop effective database objects and efficient application processes. Provide performance analysis for SQL Tuning.
* Partner with Microsoft to analyze and recommend feature adoption, best practices, and resolve service issues.
* Monitor and support standards compliance.
* Be part of a team that provides 24 / 7 production support for 14,000 SQL Server databases.
* Minimum of 2 years work experience in a technical or development role
* Bachelor's degree in any major
* Experience with SQL Server technologies: Database Engine, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Always On, Failover Clustering
* Proven track record of delivering outstanding results
* Strong technical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to plan, organize, lead, and implement new processes or technology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to influence and mentor others
* Proficiency in one or more automation languages, especially C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Powershell and Python
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field of study
* Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
* Database-related development, administration, or technical experience
* Working knowledge of networking
* Familiarity with Active Directory
* Familiarity with virtual environments.
* Production support and/or significant development experience in databases
* Strong ability to write and understand TSQL
* Python or Powershell development experience