Senior Enterprise .NET Application Architect 9/8/2016
Enterprise Solution Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR ENTERPRISE .NET APPLICATION ARCHITECT
ONSITE JOB LOCATION: Tampa, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-time only
TRAVEL: up to 30 % travel
INTERVIEW TYPE: PHONE influences technology and solution roadmaps for ITIS Delivery organization.
Provide thought & technical leadership in helping major projects & programs develop & deliver an integrated Infrastructure Solution Architecture. Utilize breadth of knowledge across all technology & application domains to provide technical design recommendations with a goal of completing projects & programs that deliver business value to clients. Support long-term ITIS Delivery organizational strategy and evolution of technology while also advocating for standardization & reuse of existing solutions or products. Facilitate technical discussions that lead to alignment behind a recommendation and/or a solution.
DUTIES demonstrate deep expertise in technical design by articulating the strengths and weaknesses associated with utilizing alternative architecture solutions.
* Recommend architecture upgrades based on technical trends or changes in the nature of the systems that use architecture; provide cost/benefit analysis for architecture design; balance the requirements for quality against development and maintenance costs in resolving architecture issues. Determine new ways to package existing technologies in order to produce innovative architectures; suggest new hardware and software that should be developed to surpass the limitations of existing equipment.
* Bridge the gap between business needs and technological solutions; demonstrate an ability to draw on both business and technical expertise; establish a high level trust among both business and technical professionals.
* Provide analysis and design using the company mandated methodology and toolset. Provide high level analysis and facilitate design sessions. Proficient in design/analysis on a number of software/hardware platforms.
* Provide roadmap that illustrates the approach for solution design & delivery that should be undertaken for complex projects.
* Portfolio Management: Key participant in technology planning activities from both a technical and financial perspective. Utilize cost/benefit analysis skills when determining a proper architecture solution
* Responsible for large infrastructure projects from technical implementation and project management perspective.
* Deliver projects within timelines, quality and within budgets
* Assume leadership of client engagements and be able to work without direct supervision and interface with Customer IT architecture, Engineering and Operations, and business functions
* Enabling smooth transition of IT operations or clients into a service provider delivery model
* Responsible for project scoping, statement of works, acceptance, test criterion execution and sign-offs (i.e. reviewing technical feasibility proposals from customers or Bill of Material (BOM) validation)
* Maintain continual contact with IS technology CoEs and alliance managers to stay
* informed of the latest initiatives, developments and capabilities
* Assure clarity of technical communication between client on-site teams and end-client O Director / CTO level executives
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field equivalent
* Reside in or willing to relocate to Tampa, FL
* Available to travel when required (~30%)
* 10+ years of hands on experience building large scale web applications.
* Expert level knowledge of .NET Framework, CLR, and C#.
* Expert level relational database knowledge - database design, DRI, the intricacies of SQL, query tuning, index optimization, and database design (normalization required, dimensional modeling a plus).
* Expert level knowledge in Microsoft web development stack: WebAPI, MVC, ASP.NET.
* Strong proficiency in delivering software - unit testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
* Strong proficiency in software design - SoA, Dependency Injection, and Design Patterns generally, API design (both RESTful and RPC).
* Strong proficiency in HTML5, HTML, CSS.
* Proficiency in the protocols and network that underpin the web: HTTP, DNS, IP, Load balancing.
* Excellent presentation, business, analytical, problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experienced in presenting at IT industry forums and conferences (i.e., whitepapers and case studies)
* Should have delivered at least 4 large scale IT infrastructure projects for Enterprises with large IT infrastructure with direct architectural accountabilities for execution and delivery
* Excellent ability to elicit customer requirements, define limits to project scope and develop / review / approve statement of works
* Advanced certifications in multiple technologies from End User Computing, Virtualization, Database/Middleware, Mainframe, Security, Network
* Exposure working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
* Prior consulting experience
* BI knowledge a plus, from Dimensional modeling, SSAS, MDX, and the cold hard realities of ETL.
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) knowledge.
* Previous experience working in an Agile development environment.
* Advance certification in Enterprise Architecture Framework (i.e., TOGAF or Zachman)