Senior Estimating Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Coordinates and participates in the preparant of all
estimates that are provided by the Estimating
Department. Manages and is responsible for all
estimating functions that may be required during
perconstruction including value engineering, alternative
and comparative studies. Takes the lead from an
Estimating/Preconstruction basis on projects.
Reports to: Preconstruction Manager, Estimating Manager
or Chief Estimator
* Review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and
studies for all items incorporated in the assigned
* Take lead role in Lump Sum (LS) bids.
* Review drawings, specifications and all other
* Make senior management aware of design-related
problems, completeness of documents and other
* Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that
detailed General Conditions/Requirement (GC/GRs)
estimates are prepared, and review with others as
* Responsible for the value engineering process during
preconstruction for the assigned projects.
* Manage the Estimating Engineers and Assistant
Estimating Engineers, including completing
* Ensure strict adherence to safety, Quality
Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), ethics and
compliance requirements at all times.
* Manage the allocation of work hours for staff
assigned to projects to ensure it is within
* Communicate and collaborate with Operations and
Purchasing during preconstruction efforts.
* Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor
and vendor relations.
* Analyze cost data, unit prices, back-page costs, and
information that can be developed and used as a
rule of thumb for all building systems estimated
* Responsible for the preparation of preliminary
estimates and studies during preconstruction to
monitor design development cost trends in order to
detect over- runs and potential problem areas.
* Ensure assigned tasks are completed and delivered
within timeframes allotted.
* Assist Purchasing in evaluating and analyzing
* Derive systems quantities for Building Information
Models (BIM) and other estimating software in order
to provide complete estimate.