This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Carlisle Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur leading heavy/highway contractor is looking for an experienced Estimator. They are a leader in Pennsylvania in highway, structure, concrete and site work. They are recognized for the quality of their work, professionalism, safety and continually finishing projects on time. They offer an excellent salary, benefits and above standard match on employee contributions, growth and longevity with a solid and large work backlog.
The position shall have direct responsibility for bidding scopes of work, subcontracts, and to assist our Contract Manager in finalizing agreements through execution, and throughout project duration. This position will also oversee project management functions including submittals, job cost review, scheduling, vendor payments, issue resolutions and related structure project issues.
* A degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent constructiondegree.
* At least ten (10) years similar experience in estimating bridges and other heavy structures
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* A background estimating and performing projects for PennDOT is a requirement
* Experience with estimating and performing work for SEPTA projects is also desired.
* Extensive knowledge of HCSS estimating and job cost systems.