This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
As a member of the preconstruction team, the Senior Estimator is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients under the Lump Sum or Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) structure. Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys, pricing the work, and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering in all categories of work. Includes supervision of other estimators, intern/co-op students, or project engineers.
* Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs for all systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development and, construction documents).
* Can prepare estimates in both CSI and Systems (Uniformat) as required
* Develops accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with the project management team s assistance.
* Manages multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask.
* Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
* May assist the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
* Develops unit costs accurately.
* Develops and analyzes value management analysis options.
* Performs technical/plan reviews (i.e. constructability analyses) when required
* Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
* Develops knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and uses this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
* Accurately assesses and plans takeoff workload.
* Ensures all data placed in the historical database is accurate.
* Becomes proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction
* Attends project site pre-bid meetings, site tours, and post-bid interviews as required.
* The majority of the work is completed in an office setting at the Division s main office.
* Periodic meetings at off-site locations may occur.
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent work experience with 10 + years of preconstruction/estimating experience on commercial construction projects. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
* Knowledgeable in all of the following commercial building project components: civil/sitework, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
* Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
* Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
* Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial construction project, assemble into one budget, and present to internal and external clients.
* Must be able to view things from an owner/developer s perspective and present accordingly.
* Must be able to work in and/or organize teams.
* Must be able to operate as a stand alone estimator able to handle complete projects if required.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law.
#LI-POST Apply Now