Senior Excel VBA Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SENIOR EXCEL VBA DEVELOPER for our client in NEW YORK, NY
JOB TITLE: SENIOR EXCEL VBA DEVELOPER
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
This position will be part of the Global Technology Solutions team who will be responsible to develop VBA within Microsoft Excel. Responsible for the definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business opportunities. Includes systems analysis, coding, testing, and implementation of application programs and data interfaces. The candidate must have a previous domain of experience in applications development. Responsible for overall application design, including interfaces with other applications and systems. Assures that application designs are consistent with industry best practices application attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
* Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
* Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
* May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
* May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application.
* Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
* 8+ years' experience in Microsoft Excel macro development using VBA in Excel/ Microsoft Access
* Must have deep understanding of spreadsheet application design that interact robustly with users, should be able to provide solutions using macros.
* Must have Business Analyst capability - to map business transactional mapping to technical Screen navigation and Coding
* Must have limited experience in using Access Database, DB2 and Stored procedure
* Must have experience driving out and documenting business requirements and validating them throughout the project life cycle
* Should have strong documentation skills to create documentation as part of SDLC