Senior External Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWant the experience of working with world class clients, but not the extensive travel, hours and underappreciation that come with the Global firms This regional firm will offer you the best of both worlds. Looking for an experienced Audit Associate or Senior Auditor to join this great team.
Perform assigned responsibilities on engagements. Under direction of a Senior Manager, Director or Partner is responsible for detailed planning and management of engagements for preliminary review of work papers of staff assigned to their direction. Responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm's service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. As ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned. Support the Firm's mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
* Manage engagements in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
* Develop a good understanding of the following audit areas: planning memo, planning and final analyticals (documentation), audit planning form (section 11), representation letters, management letters, cash flow worksheets and drafting financial statements
* Complete fraud related checklists and programs and interviews management and other personnel during engagement
* Continue to develop long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional client service
* Responsible for managing, planning and scheduling engagement to ensure work is done within budget constraints, on a timely basis, and accurately
* Identify and solve issues
* Train and develop new staff
* Prepare and monitor budgets on all audit jobs assigned
* Begin to identify opportunities to sell additional services to existing clients and with management participation in selling these services
* Know federal and state tax laws
* Perform all duties on tax checklist (gather information needed to prepare tax returns)
* Begin centralizing continued education in areas of interest (become more specialized)
* Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
* Assist upper levels in preparation of CPE Seminars and research projects
* Perform other assigned duties, as requested
* Continue to improve and develop effective oral and written communication skills
* Communicate with supervisor, senior manager and partner on engagement status
* Continue to gain client's confidence through responsiveness and effective relationships
* Relate well with client service team and other Firm associates
* Begin developing mentoring skills
* Apply Firm's mission statement to all aspects of service approach
* Display enthusiasm for work
* Participate in marketing skills development
* Recognize the importance of existing clients and obtaining new clients
* Look for opportunities to expand services to existing and new clients
* Follow Firm policies and procedures
* Display innovative leadership
* Assist with firm recruiting (career fairs, firm events, etc.)
* Responsible for the supervision of staff and semi-senior auditors.
* To perform this position successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards.
* Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, IDEA, DS2, Adobe Acrobat, TValue and Research Tools to produce work papers, working trial balances, related spreadsheets and perform audit procedures.
EDUCATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university is required. Working towards a Master's degree and CPA certificate. Accounting experience - 3 to 4 years.