Senior Facilities Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this position is for conducting and providing mechanical expertise in the maintenance and repair activities of the manufacturing and facilities equipment and systems in support of scheduled production activities and resolving the day-to-day equipment and facilities related issues during NIGHT SHIFT. The overarching goal is to ensure that manufacturing systems and support utilities are available as demanded by the manufacturing schedule. This includes maintaining the physical operation of the systems as well as their documented validated state.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
* Ensure that production equipment and support utilities are available as demanded by manufacturing.
* Organize and prepare technical documentation necessary to ensure support of cGMP operations. Revise and update Procedures as necessary.
* Detect, resolve, and repair system equipment.
* Proficiency in Quality Systems to include Quality Events, Holds and Change Controls.
* Contribute to the identification and procurement of appropriate spare parts and materials
* Prepare and execute PMs and CMs.
* Assist in the validation of new or modified support facilities.
* Support Pacira Pharmaceuticals. facilities-wide.
* High School Diploma and trade apprenticeship.
* 10 years of relevant facilities and/or process equipment experience.
* Knowledge of cGMP parenteral manufacturing practices and facilities.
* Significant knowledge of cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing support utilities.
* Ability to manage projects with a high degree of self-motivation.
* Troubleshooting: Must be proficient in troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical equipment.
* Excellent planning, organizing and execution skills.
* Specific technical skills in Process Clean and Plant Utility systems. RODI, Clean Steam, WFI, HVAC, N2, Autoclaves, Waste Neutralization, AMCEC or equivalent system, Cooling, Heating, with a mechanical aptitude for repair and replace various mechanical equipment such as pumps, mechanical seals, and motors, and valves.
* Experience in Fill Equipment maintenance preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and work with minimum supervision.
* P&ID walk down and red line capability.