Senior Field Office Manager 8/19/2016
San Luis Obispo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking a Senior Field Office Manager to manage a variety of advanced clerical, secretarial and receptionist support activities to ensure efficient field office operations. The Senior FOM will generally manage requirements for one jobsite. If located in a Regional Office as a Virtual FOM, the Senior FOM will be responsible for managing support activities for at least one, and possibly multiple, jobsites from a central location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business and announces visitors to appropriate person(s) and or assists visitors as necessary.
* Answers incoming phone calls, determines purpose of callers, forwards calls to appropriate person(s) or voicemail and logs call as required.
* Answers questions about field office and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
* Orders and receives office supplies, and arranges for office equipment maintenance.
* Prepares outgoing and distributes incoming mail and express carrier packages.
* Coordinates the maintenance and alteration of field office areas and equipment, including layout, arrangement and housekeeping.
* Assists with the set-up and close of jobsite offices and coordinates with IT and accounting as necessary.
* Serves as primary contact to outside vendors as related to administrative jobsite operations.
* Creates, prints, copies and distributes correspondence, reports and other documents and ensures all correspondence is recorded.
* Maintains systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of documents and records.
* Organizes and ensures document control for all submittals and substitutions, and requests for information.
* Assist with project closeout requirements in accordance with contract documents.
* Conducts research, compiles and types project reports and maintains project logs.
* Performs all data entry for the project.
* Processes client billings and invoices for payment.
* Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities and records minutes of meetings.
* Answers questions regarding internal administrative processes and procedures and assists individuals as necessary.
* Plans, coordinates and implements regional special events such as fundraisers and annual meetings.
* Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
* Maintains effective and professional relationships with owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
* Serves as a resource and assistas the project manager in the training of field office manager positions.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of administrative office procedures and operation of standard office equipment. Effective computer skills, including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company in a professional manner. Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication and teamwork. Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work and customer satisfaction.
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree and specialized or advanced coursework in office administration or related field required. Minimum 3 years position related work experience in office administration or related field, preferably in architecture, engineering and construction management industry. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
This is a safety sensitive position. Employee regularly works in an office and or construction environment. Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Must frequently travel and occasionally relocate. If employee is located in a Regional office as a Virtual FOM: The employee regularly works out of an office environment. Will occasionally travel to the job sites as required by the Project Manager(s).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 5 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..