Senior Field Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Field Technician for Rail-Less Products is a leadership role within IronRidge's Product Performance Team, and will be responsible for ensuring that Ironridge's products and components perform as expected in the field environment, meet the expectations of our customer base, and are applied effectively across the spectrum of installation types. You will be an integral part of the overall Product's Group, whose Mission is to develop and field innovative solar BOS solutions that make our customer's lives easier, our products enjoyable, and solar power beautiful and ubiquitous.
* Your primary responsibility is being our internal expert and leader on the application and performance of IronRidge's rail-less products and components, by supporting, representing, and advocating for the installer in the field to ensure their expectations are met. Specific responsibilities include:
* Developing the metrics, installation rules, and verification tests that will demonstrate clearly the intended benefits to the installer
* Lead the development of installation processes for our varied installer types to enable them to get up to speed as quickly as possible to realize the benefits of rail-less system, to include on-site training curriculum, installation manuals, field install guides, and related collateral
* Providing leadership and content to the development of IronRidge's Design Assistant Tool from the perspective of our designers, installers, and other outside entities
* Planning and executing alpha, beta, and ongoing training installations to observe and gather information useful to assess the effectiveness of component and system designs, including time studies, interviews of relevant personnel, cost analyses, and surveys
* Resolve field issues with minimal downtime by performing field failure analyses, root cause identification, and definition and implementation of corrective actions to ensure the failure does not occur again. Efforts will variously include site visits, interviews of installers and other relevant personnel, destructive/non-destructive testing, and recreating the most likely failure scenario
* Collect and communicate actionably recommendations for quick turn and longer term product improvements
* Working with the Product's Group on upcoming product releases and modifications to product lines, ensuring that all tools and technical collateral are kept up to date
* At least 5years of overall engineering experience, with at least 3years of residential solar experience and at least 1year of solar installation experience
* Ability to travel as much as 50% of your time
* A strong commitment to a successful customer experience
* Experience with failure analysis and the processes used to facilitate them
* Passionate about being in the field working with others towards a common goal of improving the tools and processes associated with exceptional installations, and willing to do what it takes to find answers and communicate them effectively
* Current passport or ability to obtain one
* Direct installation or related experiences with rail-less products
* Experience designing and installing PV systems highly desirable
* Comfortable interacting with installers/workers and working on rooftops
* Experience with 3D modeling software