Senior Finance Manager-Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Shawmut Design and Construction
New York, NY
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients' specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients' best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principle--it's the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
Shawmut is seeking a motivated, analytical, and highly detailed Sr. Finance Manager to join its dynamic Finance Team. The primary focus of this position will be on the overall financial aspects of a large divisional construction operation and include management and coordination of the month-end close, work in process preparation, financialreporting, budgeting and forecasting. The position also requires proven strategic planning and analysis skills with the ability to drive profit maximization as well as cost control and monitoring. This position presents a unique opportunity to partner with the division leaders and also has the potential for advancement into other areas of management as the company continues to grow.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Management of approximately 3-5 individuals in the divisional construction and finance operations
* Ensure thorough monthly, quarterly and year end close of the division
* Oversight of the preparation of work in process reports as well as all divisional financialreports
* Hands-on management of the billing process, including development of controls to maximize efficiencies
* Coordination of contractaudits by various owners
* In-depth participation and review of monthly estimate to complete meetings
* Management and ownership of the divisional budgeting, forecasting, billing and owner contract reconciliations
* Serve as the key financial leader for the division by partnering with divisional executives and providing responses to various inquiries from management for financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
* Assist with improving various policies, procedures, and processes surrounding the month end close process, including cost to complete monitoring, billing, and collections.
Candidate must have a B.A. or B.S. in Accounting and 10 to 15years experience in the construction industry.
Experience as a Sr. Finance Manager or similar type position in a small to mid size construction entity
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and very strong excel skills a must. Public accounting experience is a plus.
The candidate should demonstrate the following behaviors:
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the team, management, operations and external parties
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently with challenging reporting deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
* Constantly seeks new ways to improve, learn and grow