Senior Finance Supply Chain Analyst 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position will be responsible for reporting and analyzing supply chain operating results and leading the financial planning process related to supply chain operations. Additionally, this position will ensure that proper financial, operational and compliance controls are in place within the organization.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Work as a team player within the supply chain team to identify and take advantage of opportunities for performance or financial improvement.
* Lead the annual supply chain budgeting process working cross functionally to develop budgets, cost savings projects and annual cost standards
* Provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis of operating results to senior operations and finance leadership
* Manage the communication flows to the business of cost changes, cost impacts and projected market impacts
* Work with the Information Technology team in identifying and implementing enhancements to core operations and financial support systems
* Ensure financial controls are communicated and implemented across the platform in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and Company objectives
* Manage and support the develop and approval process of capital acquisition requests (CAR)
* Accountable to validate and track saving initiatives
* Drive initiatives, as required by Sr. Business Leaders
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance from a regionally accredited college or university required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
* 5+ years of progressive operations finance experience required
* Experience within supply chain operations a plus
* Experience with a multi-billion dollar organization with national or global operations a plus
* Demonstrated experience with cost accounting/reporting, GAAP, Supply Chain, Planning and Forecasting required
* Knowledge of internal controls and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated experience working with and presenting to Senior Management along with internal and external customers
* Ability to deliver multiple tasks accurately in a time sensitive environment
* SAP experience required
* Excellent computer and technological skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point)
* Approximately 20% occasional travel to manufacturing plants and warehouses is required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.