Senior Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Senior Financial Analyst
Albertson's/Safeway has an opening for a Financial Analyst III
The Financial Analyst III generates reporting on key financial metrics that promotes financial accountability and highlights risks and opportunities. They also assist in the development of financial budget and perform ad hoc analyses as needed. They refine reporting and analysis by developing new performance metrics, measurements, methods, and targets to improve insight into the business and operations. They assist in the development of financial models, collect and evaluate data, make appropriate assumptions, analyze results, and make recommendations to support business decisions.
* Develops and generates financial reporting as appropriate to operational area (sales and profitability, working capital, expenses, etc.). Refines reporting by identifying new performance metrics, etc. to provide further insight into the business or operations.
* Assists in preparing annual operating budget. May take a lead role for a piece of the business or operational area supported.
* Assists in preparing ad hoc analysis as needed (product mix impacts, return on investment, procurement decisions, etc.). Develops framework / methodology best suited for analysis, makes appropriate assumptions, gathers data, analyzes results and make recommendations.
* Identifies opportunities and risks from financial trends and presents findings to management.
* Interacts with appropriate operations personnel to share and explain financial information.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or equivalent field.
5-7 years experience in addition to the education listed above.
Skills and Background:
Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures found in Finance organizations.
MS Office Suite (Excel and Access, Word & PowerPoint)
Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and SQL
Advanced knowledge of relational databases (both PC and mainframe)
Advanced knowledge of financial analysis, P&L structure & drivers, etc.
There is frequent communication with key financial stakeholders in operational area being supported (typically Director level and below, i.e. Division Finance Director.). In addition there is communication with other areas of finance (NASC, other FP&A teams, etc.) and other support groups (Pricing, Strategic Sourcing, etc.) as needed.