Senior Financial Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Under technical direction, performs economic/financial research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and in subsequent appraisals of results. Conducts and documents moderately complex financial analysis projects. Prepares economic forecasts of business conditions and trends, which may include statistical studies and draws relevant conclusions. Handles the more technical issues/tasks, and may assume the lead role on assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Incorporates advanced theoretical concepts as part of the explanation of financial results and develops various scenarios to illustrate the conclusions submitting findings and interpretations for review.
2. Accountable for independently identifying and investigating issues related to projects. Selects approach from accepted body of methodology or recommended alternatives.
3. Defines assumptions, which support the financial analysis and resulting recommendations of assigned projects.
4. Prepares, analyzes and reviews budgetary and financial reports. Determines reporting requirements, anomalies, trends and necessary analysis.
5. Collaborates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets considering alternative scenarios as needed.
6. May reconcile and maintain the financial analysis databases and related processes.
7. Participates in assigned special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of corporate, departmental and industry accounting/finance policies, procedures and principles.
2. Solid knowledge of GAAP and/or statutory accounting principles.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
4. Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
5. Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
6. Strong interpersonal,verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with accounting/finance and other staff and departments.
7. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems, including processing systems and applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in accounting or finance, or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum three to four years of related financial analysis experience with work toward CPA professional designation preferred.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.