Senior Financial Analyst (16N11013031)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support.
This role will conduct financial analysis related to market opportunity, customer trends, sales trends, geographic trends, pricing activity, and potential new markets and new product opportunities. Additional responsibilities will include activities associated with P&L reporting and analysis, revenue and margin forecasting, key management metrics reporting, operating plan processes and special projects as assigned.
- Provide analytical support in order to drive growth, margin improvement, strategic initiatives and business decisions.
- Perform detailed financial analyses in the areas of key financial and business metrics, customer profitability, sales growth, product mix and pricing.
- Support the planning and decision making process through financial modeling and assessment of data and alternatives.
- Collect and analyze data related to products, markets, customers, competitors, geographies, pricing, sales, etc. assess trends and highlight competitive gaps.
- Assist in the development of business unit plans and margin structures for the annual operating plan and quarterly forecast.
- Assist in the development of sales and revenue forecasts to support the planning process.
- Support data analysis requests from the business units to provide customer data, sales performance, market statistics, competitor performance and financial understanding.
- Work with business units to translate end-product needs into reports based on the requirements of the internal and/or external customers.
- Extract relevant data from multiple databases, analyze problems, determine causes and suggest corrective action.
- Participate in the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and analysis to support business unit needs and initiatives.
- Understand the business issues that are influencing the industry, relevant applications and competitive intelligence.
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- 7+ years of financial analysis experience. - PC Proficiency in Microsoft applications MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Reporting & Analysis Tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while still meeting project deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to interface across various levels (analysts, managers, directors, executives), within multiple business units, both domestic and international.
- Advanced degree such as MBA preferred.
- Experience in Siebel, Salesforce, OBIEE or Oracle.preferred.
- Independent thinking and problem solving skills.
- Established analytical skill set with a proven history of forecasting, analysis and financial reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated.
- Understanding of software or other technology industry as a business. Public company experience preferred.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare and make presentations or recommendations to senior managers and managers on related topic .
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
ANSYS brings clarity and insight to customers' most complex design challenges through fast, accurate and reliable engineering simulation. Our technology enables organizations no matter their industry to predict with confidence that their products will thrive in the real world. Customers trust our software to help ensure product integrity and drive business success through innovation. Founded in 1970, ANSYS employs more than 2,500 professionals, many of them expert in engineering fields such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, electronics and electromagnetics, and design optimization. Headquartered south of Pittsburgh, U.S.A., ANSYS has more than 60 strategic sales locations throughout the world with a network of channel partners in 40+ countries. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
ANSYS INSPIRE VALUES
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
PASSION & INTENSITY
RESPECT & TRUST
No Phone Calls