Senior Financial Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OVERVIEW
Our client provides business and financial information, news, and insights for customers worldwide, through its industry-leading technology, building highly scalable and available systems that processes billions of data points per day. The scale of this product imposes technical challenges around the stringent availability, throughput and responsiveness metrics on the system. Portfolio Managers use this system for performance analysis and returns attribution, risk analytics, intraday monitoring, optimization and idea generation.
To keep pace with the tremendous growth of this product, they are constantly looking for ways to improve it using new technologies. If you're interested in high performance distributed systems, a modern software code base and are looking to build new products using the latest technology, they will want you on this team.
This a close knit group that takes pride in the strength of the team and in the agility, focus and drive of the developers that have allowed to advance so quickly while maintaining outstanding quality.
* Most of the code base is in C++
* Python and otherscriptinglanguages for specific projects
* Special emphasis on system architecture and scalability
* Constant investment in research of cutting-edge technologies
* 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming such as C++, C# or Java
* Strong problem solving skills
* Experience with multithreading
* Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
* Interest in the financial markets